Relationships

Nick Gordon has been found Liable of Wrongdoing in Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death | Bobby Brown says he is “Pleased with the Outcome”

Bobbi Kristina Nick Gordon

Nick Gordon had been found guilty of wrong doing in Bobbi Kristina Brown‘s death on Friday, after he did not show up for his civil lawsuit hearing filed against him by the estate.

In August 2015, Bobbi Kristina’s Estate conservator, Bedelia Hargrove, filed a $10 million wrongful death civil suit, alleging that Gordon physically abused and stole thousands of dollars from her. In an amendment to that suit, it is also alleged that Gordon gave Brown a “toxic cocktail, rendering her unconscious and then put her face down in a tub of cold water causing her to suffer brain damage.”

Bobbi Brown was found face down in a bathtub in her Georgia home on Jan. 31, 2015 and after spending nearly six months in a coma, she died in hospice care on July 26th 2015 at the age of 22.

In response to the judgment, Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard, Jr. issued a statement to ET.

“As we have stated on numerous occasions and we will repeat again today, this case remains under active investigation by our Office. Our investigation will encompass all relevant facts and circumstances, including the body and content of the civil action holding Nick Gordon civilly responsible for the death of Bobbi Kristina Brown.”

Bobbi Kristina’s aunt, Leolah Brown, also spoke outside of the court room in Fulton County, Georgia, on Friday.

“It’s been a long time. Bobbi Kristina has been dead for how long? It’s been a long time, hasn’t it? … He should have been arrested. I’m angry because I want to see some justice.”

Bobbi Kristina’s father, Bobby Brown also spoke in a statement:

“I am pleased with the outcome of today’s court proceedings. All I ever wanted was answers relating to who and what caused my daughter’s death. Today’s judgment tells me it was Nick Gordon. Now I need to process all the emotions I have and lean on God to get me and my family through this.”

No criminal charges have been filed against Gordon.

1. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

September 17, 2016 at 9:09 am

I knew it!!! He is guilty.

2. Ada

September 17, 2016 at 9:44 am

BN please check her date of death in your article. It wasn’t 26 July 2016.

3. Gorgeous

September 17, 2016 at 9:46 am

This petty thief get mind sha.lol

4. Prince

September 17, 2016 at 11:45 am

Her mum gave you life including the name you think you have now yet you did this to her. Sometimes, adoption can be a wrong choice.

• Iris

September 17, 2016 at 3:06 pm

I’m not sure how you came to that conclusion. A person isn’t bad because they were not born to you. Your biological child can end up a bad person. Is it not a human being that also gave birth to him? Please leave adoption out of this. What kind of comment is that?

• ATL's finest

September 17, 2016 at 3:49 pm

@ Iris I agree with U. He may be guilty but there are a lot of in related blood FAM/kids that are way BETTER THAN true biological FAM/kids.. Sucks he went down this way but adopting kids got nothing to do with this. I know some biological kids that are more like a Lucifer to their parents ( God forgive me). They give their FAM/parents HELL on earth.

• noni

September 17, 2016 at 7:39 pm

BN why would you approve such a comment. Prince do you know if you are adopted? Or do you forget that we have absolutely no power over who we are born to and who decides to raise us.