Events

BN Red Carpet Fab: Toke Makinwa’s ‘On Becoming’ Book Launch

BellaNaija.com

toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-10

Toke Makinwa’s Red Carpet Interviews

On Becoming the memoir by Nigeria’s sweetheart, Toke Makinwa was launched on Sunday 27th of November 2016 at an intimate gathering held at The Wheatbaker Hotel, Ikoyi, Lagos.

The event was attended by fabulous guests who came out in style to support Toke Makinwa, like Hon. Abike Dabiri who started the evening with a keynote address, EbonyLife TV Chairwoman Mo Abudu who hosted a beautifully curated ‘Conversations with Toke’, Banky W, Arese Ugwu, Tee A who was the host for the night, Ifeoma Williams and many others.

See the fab red carpet photos below

Ladies in White

toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-30

Niyola

toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-39

Tundun Abiola

toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-20

Esta Oyelese

toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-11 toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-1

Double Up

toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-2

Ifeoma Williams, Tosyn Bucknor

toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-40

Ufuoma Udjoh (Baileys Brand Manager)

toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-35

Japheth Omojuwa

toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-36

Shina Peller

Keep it Simple

toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-13

Andrea Manuela Giaccaglia

“The only Sugar in my Tea, The only Bomb in my Photo”

toke-makinwa-on-becoming-book-launch-november-27th-bellanaija-12

Osas Ajibade & Gbenro Ajibade

1. Darius

November 28, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Good to know she had massive support and the launch was a success. Apparently, she has more friends than haters.

2. Gerry

November 28, 2016 at 3:03 pm

Dear Osas kindly make it stop! The whole getup is terrible, that braid wig needs to go! Toke needs to get a stylist for her boyfriend Abi na man friend. Denola Grey, I can’t find the right words for you. Ifeoma Williams be slaying

3. christian sister

November 28, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Toke’s outfit didn’t bang here, and doesn’t go for a book launch/signing. I know she wanted to slay as usual, but everything from makeup, to hair, to the actual outfit was just too much.
    Kate Henshaw is such a babe!!!!! Nah grown up goals right there. Aunty Mo looked nice too. Most of the guests were appropriately dressed for the event.
    Huge HMMM to Osas Ajibade. Girrrrrrrrl what were you thinking?

4. Honestina

November 28, 2016 at 3:16 pm

whoever is advising Osas to leave the house in this stressed-out appearance should stop. God, this outfit just like the one for the wedding party premier is No No.
    Child birth changes and when that happens, you can still dress appropriately and slay.
    I’m shocked she actually wore that. very unflattering

• Tosin

November 28, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Na you sabi o. Their ‘photobomb’ stole the show, as far as this page is concerned.
      PS Bella better just print the book here otherwise stop showing us promo upon promo. Repetition ti n po ju.

5. SmashingM

November 28, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Osas is one hot mama. There are friends, there are colleagues and there are invitees.

6. Hillary

November 28, 2016 at 3:37 pm

I am yet to see a person who heals by telling their stories of abuse. I mean true healing not the fake props. I dont see Toke bn a strong woman for writing a book. Not hating I am stating the obvious.

• Feisty

November 28, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Healing comes in different forms for different people. Talking about it does help because you let go of the shame, guilt, and other negative feelings associated with that bad experience. Maybe you have not personally witnessed it, but talking about your issues help! You get to meet with others that have experienced whatever you experienced and you grow together!

7. Mahka

November 28, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Hey Boys!! really BN,
    Ope Makinwa should be related to Toke, they look alike, if so, that should be her birth complexion too before the Anita oppression..
    Arese’s wig; if I can shift it a bit more, just a bit to left, looks off n weird.
    Kate Henshaw is my 40+ body goals joor.
    On Becoming Toke Makinwa was a hit!!big ups TokeStarr, the sky is just a stepping stone.

8. Baby gurl

November 28, 2016 at 3:42 pm

I actually really love Osas’ outfit. Sometimes we should get out of “normal” as we know it. Not everytime safe choice, sometimes take a risk. Life is very short abeg. Less judging, more unlooking.

9. Anon

November 28, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Ifeoma’s long shirt dress is pretty.

10. blueivy

November 28, 2016 at 3:52 pm

hmmmmmm osas ………are u ok?

11. Anne

November 28, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Osas need to chill. Please allow yourself to recover fully from what pregnancy did to you. She used to have very slim legs.

• Lulu

November 28, 2016 at 7:42 pm

WTF! Your comment is officially the stupidest I’ve ever read on BN. Worse than what Bruno, Hadiza, Paul Adeyemo, Uncle Gwe and Nigerian Girl all together have ever posted. You are a cyber bully and a body shamer. Shame on you, worse if you are a fellow woman. Tueh!

12. Manny

November 28, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Osas looks great to me. And I love her style.

13. ENO

November 28, 2016 at 5:00 pm

osas y…..yyyy are you hurting my eyes and making me add you to my prayer list
    Fine woman- fine husband with blessed baby
    please Gbenro… stop hiding and help your wife

14. xplorenollywood.com

November 28, 2016 at 5:34 pm

I love Mo pop of colour outfit! Sofisticated and chic!

15. Ninja

November 28, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Ifeoma williams be choosing sides. I thought she and her husband were good friends with Make before Toke ever came into the picture. Not that she should side with Maje for cheating and complexing Toke into bleaching, but her attending just seems like she’s in support of Toke tarnishing his image. Oh well, lav her outfit tho, and Mo played as well. All the older women dressed so nicely, the young ones just looked bleh.

16. Lilian

November 28, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Please what colour is Toke’s toes can’t see properly…

• cos I say so

November 30, 2016 at 4:27 am

Lilian U af craze o… lol

17. Uyime

November 28, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Glad it was a success, nothing helps heal from hurt faster than talking about it or writing about it, truly on becoming!

18. KittyKat

November 28, 2016 at 7:57 pm

please which Nigeria sweetheart abeg speak for yourself! I never knew who this lady was until the Maje scandal. I’m not that into naija celebrity but that’s not the point. I sympathised with her because as a woman we need to support each other and then I got curious to know what’s her deal. I tried to listen to “one of her vblogs on relationships and men it made me laugh out loud and hard. I didn’t even finish the vblog. My 1st impression was this lady has no idea was she’s talking about. She should not be giving advice. Then this book happened and now I’m bitch pls. When did her marriage fall apart again hasn’t it been almost 2 years she still riding high on the publicity. I’m sorry but my perception of her is fake, fake and fake. The worst part is the guy she’s yabbing is thriving keeping his silence and letting it all go. I sympathised with Toke but now I’m not. Strength is sometimes choosing to walk away, it’s sometimes letting things go and moving on, it is keeping your dignity amidst accusation, pain and hurt.
    As for me o my people from all the excerpt I have read I’m beginning to see the Maje as the Victim. Any woman who will keep who saw the red signs boldly written in capital letters and still plunge herself into the deep shit should be feared. I had a friend who wanted to trap a guy with pregnancy even after he repeatedly said to her we have no future together. he has to release he nude pic on the internet before the girl left him alone. I’m a woman we should know when to say enough is enough, for our self-respect, dignity and sanity,

• Linda

November 29, 2016 at 5:04 am

Don’t worry dear. Shey your husband or the man you will marry has an ex? Better keep it SILENT and bottle it up! I’ve read the book and it’s NOTHING like what you guys make it out to be. She writes a linear story of her LIFE! Where she erred , mistakes she made! But sit behind a keyboard and insult a woman whose shoes you could easily be in. After all, she’s the one in the limelight. Because she’s into makeup and fashion there’s no human being worth respecting and treating with love. But we are all Christians when bobrisky is involved

19. nene

November 28, 2016 at 8:32 pm

i never noticed osas had thick legs? was it the pregnancy? her outfit is terrible

20. Truth

November 28, 2016 at 8:50 pm

You are a bitter soul. God will judge u for such a thoughtless and insensitive comment

21. IntelliJ

November 28, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Wow, I am shocked!!! Some women just go about projecting their fears/insecurities on others. I guess it is true what they say – when two women (not all the time) see each other they analyse every thing about the other person, what they are wearing, how their wigs,makeup and shoe is in or out of place. While guys mind are blank when they see each other, they don’t go out of their way to look out for faults in the other guy. My point is that it is not necessary to look out for faults all the time, these events have taken place already.

Osas is a beautiful woman, she is even more pretty now as a mother, Her legs and hips are the evidence of her transformation into motherhood. look closely at her picture and you will see that it is not only Gbenro that is photobombing, another man dey behind Gbenro dey photobomb too.

• Tosin

December 5, 2016 at 5:22 pm

I saw that too, thought it looked like Frank Donga 🙂

22. Anonymous

November 28, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Pls where can I buy copies of the book in Lagos state.I stay in Ikoyi.

23. Dr BAM!!!

November 29, 2016 at 7:36 am

I admire Toke’s hustle and I think she’s got an amazzzing fashion sense most of the time but sadly this was a huge miss!!! From waist down, the fabric looks sooooo cheap and tacky!!!! Looks like the China white we used to sew in secondary school!

24. Ekpo

November 29, 2016 at 8:56 am

@anonymous I think terra kulture has it

25. Book lover

November 29, 2016 at 10:41 am

Laterna ventures in vi.
    They deliver too

26. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

November 29, 2016 at 11:20 am

Osas, I think is working on shedding her pregnancy weight. I think shedding pregnancy weight takes time. She just needs to wear flattering clothes. Her braids are nice. But she has lost her sparkle. I’m sure her friends will not like my statements. But look at her picture carefully, if you wish.

Andrea, I like your smile.

MKO Abiola’s daughter, I like what you are wearing.

27. deeol