Sweet Spot

Kelly Rowland, Lala Anthony, Serena Williams & More Attend Beyoncé’s ‘Carter Push Party’

African prints, Fela‘s music and great friends, that’s how Beyoncé celebrated her baby shower AKA The Carter Push Party yesterday.

The singer’s mum Tina Lawson, BFF Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams, Lala Anthony, Serena Williams, Vanessa Bayer, Lorraine Schwartz and more close friends were present to celebrate with Bey at the themed party

The party was held at a private residence in Beverly Hills that was once owned by Madonna, according to E!

Tina Knowles shared an Instagram video of the women chatting and then simultaneously yelling “Happy Carter Push Party”

1. Ej

May 21, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Is that the sound track of fela or femi sound track

2. xplorenollywood.com

May 21, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Where is the mum to be?

• Seriously

May 21, 2017 at 2:55 pm

You know Bey is extra, she was probably in another room trying to be private or wants to be the one to post pic of herself lol

3. anon

May 21, 2017 at 2:34 pm

wow no one is going to say ‘keep your life off social media’? Only Nigerians aren’t allowed to post online? 🙁

• LemmeRant

May 21, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Why do you like ranting like this?

Oya no vex. Go and put your life on social media. You now have permission.

• AntiLemmeRant

May 21, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Kai the master ranter is asking someone why they are ranting & you think say na only you wey fit rant ehn. Shior.

• LemmeRant

May 21, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Yes I’m the only one allowed to rant.

What’s your deal?

4. iAmAfrican

May 21, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Wow! African print theme?! We try to be them they try to be Us!!! Obviously no ones world is complete.

• Iris

May 21, 2017 at 3:59 pm

No, they’re trying to be Fela fans, not trying to be us. From over there Fela is magical and was a maverick and is currently a sexy topic for Americans trying to be globally artistic. Lol ask her to come and visit his shrine and old house on a regular day (without having security clear it). Ask her to switch up her US passport for a green one and let us see. They’re not trying to be us. They’re trying to appropriate (which is somewhat fine, but only ‘somewhat’ because they are the first to scream ‘appropriation’) from afar while living with the benefits of being American.

5. Whocares

May 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm

@ Iris.. Ooh Iris, take all of my e-hugs today. The theme definitely bothered me. How can you have a theme around people’s culture . It’s as bad as people wearing Indian sari’s for Halloween costume.. and she is supposed to know better because she is black; if not African American (apparently according to Americans, there is a difference) .. I always give these things side eyes and go my way- so imagine my delight when someone else brought it up.

• Iris

May 21, 2017 at 8:10 pm

My dear I tire. How his lifestyle turned into a theme I don’t understand. I think what annoys me is that many of her apostles will think this is okay or even worse, that they are doing Africa a favour. Yet they likely intersect with that hot-blooded group that screams ‘cultural appropriation’ for the smallest issue.

• Seriously

May 21, 2017 at 10:29 pm

All this appropriation BS, black folks need to cut it out. Indians and white folks aint complaining appropriation when black women wear wigs and weaves that’s not their hair texture.
      So what if she has her baby shower Fela theme maybe she likes fela as an artist.

Nothing worse than when black women walk around with fake hair. Its not even like oh I don’t like this but y’all change it completely .
      Y’all should worry about that.

• aj

May 22, 2017 at 1:35 am

@ seriously having straight long hair isn’t a white or indian thing FYI

• Seriously

May 22, 2017 at 3:55 am

@aj
      I see you lack comprehension skills. You know it’s not about length. It’s the texture of fake hair many black women.
      Indian, Peruvian Malaysian, Chinese, etc
      These folks are not whinning about appropriation. But a white girl rocks corn rows, Bey does Fela theme and black people are whinning about appriopriation when they are mostly guilty of it.
      Stop embarrassing yourselves

• Manny

May 22, 2017 at 4:08 am

How can you have a theme around people’s culture?????
      Fela is not my culture. Neither is Dutch print.

6. Tutulage

May 21, 2017 at 5:32 pm

I think Beyoncé is starting to believe she is a diety. Lol. If she is not celebrating osun, it’s yemoja. Oshi ati irani. Extra madam

• Bimbo

May 22, 2017 at 9:11 am

She appreciated the culture we demonize because we have decided to adopt the religion our European colonial masters forced on us ! What s wrong with that ?

7. late

May 21, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Bella Naija….it is Vanessa Bryant, Kobe Bryant’s wife. Fact check people

8. Ronke'

May 23, 2017 at 1:16 am

As you can see my name is Nigerian…am of Nigerian descent via the Caribbean. I believe the African themed party with Fela music is a reflection of their cultural awareness. I am on with any celebration in honor of the Motherland on the Continent or among the descendants of Africans in the Diaspora