Dencia releases Promo Photos - October 2013 - BellaNaija - 033

Believe it or not, Dencia‘s Whitenicious is taking her places.

Not only are Nigerians buzzing – be it positively or negatively – about her skincare line, the African American community is also zooming in on it.

Ebony Magazine, one of the most celebrated African-American publications, recently scored an interview with the Cameroonian pop star. And of course, Dencia is defending her product line by setting the records straight on bleaching.

To read the full interview, click here
Read excerpts below;
On if dark skin is an obstacle: “No. Dark skin is beautiful.  Actually, I will send you pictures of when I was 16. I’m not that lighter from when I was younger, I’m not. The picture they’re passing around where I’m wearing the animal print underwear, that picture was three years ago and that was a tan. If anybody looks at that picture and you look at the oil on my skin, you would know it’s a tan. And it’s funny because one of my friends who was at the photo shoot with me that actually oiled me up with the tan sent me a message yesterday. She was like “Why are people going crazy about this picture when you were tanned on this picture?” I was never that dark in real life and I can send EBONY pictures of me when I was like 15, 16. And guess what? I don’t even care because they’re bringing me business. Because when you take that picture and you put a picture of Dencia darker, this is what you’re telling people – the product really works. And guess what? People really want to buy it.  It’s what it is. I don’t really care.”

Dencia - Bleaching - February 2014 - BellaNaija

On if she bleached: “Have I…Has my skin lightened from when…like from the past five years? Yes it has. It has. Has it drastically lightened? No it hasn’t. Is it what people are saying? No it’s not.”

On if people will buy to bleach: “Ok. Will Whitenicious bleach your skin if you use it on all your skin? Yes, it will.

Are we selling Whitenicous for that purpose? No, we’re not. Whitenicous comes in 30 ml and 60ml. You cannot use the 60 ml to bleach your whole skin. It’s impossible. And that costs about $150 each. 60 ml can’t even go on your whole feet. I don’t see anybody spending all that money to bleach their entire skin. I don’t see that happening. Now, do I have customers who come and buy stuff for over $2000? Yes, I do. Do I ask them what they want to do with it? No, I don’t. Do I know what they want to do with it? No, I don’t care because it’s their money, it’s how they want to spend it.”

On if the success of the line is because people want to bleach: “No, that’s not how I see it. This is how I see it. Everybody that has something negative to say, 1- doesn’t need it and 2 – don’t have the money to buy it. First of all, let me clear this up. As of now 80% of people that buy my products are African American. It’s not Africans. People are saying that it’s Africans because they think I live in Africa. I go back and forth but I live here. I can send you the stats – it is African Americans. I have to be honest with you – I have TV personalities buying Whitenicious for over $1000. People who work for TV stations like Fox.

I have celebrities buying Whitenicous and all of these people are African Americans, they are not Africans. My African market is just 10% because guess what? They don’t have credit cards to buy the products and I’m only taking credit cards or PayPal. And they don’t have that access, do you get what I’m saying? It’s these people that can access that.

Now, my other 10% is White people – I have White people from Europe, America, and everywhere buying Whitenicious. Now, I’m thinking to myself, what do they want to do with it? Of course they’re not trying to bleach their skin. Are Black people trying to get White to be accepted in society? No, I don’t think so. Now I can’t speak for everybody but first of all, White people love the darker skinned Africans. They like the African that is Alek Wek. There’s no in between for them. It’s extreme. You’re either at A or you’re at Z.

Now, do you think Africans are lightening to appeal to the White man? No, they’re not because the White man doesn’t even like the light Africans. They like the Black Africans. Look at all the Africans that are successful in the world. They are as Black as Alek Wek. And if I was as Black as Alek Wek, I would never ever use anything on my skin. Trust me I wouldn’t.”

On Whitenicious causing cancer: “But guess what? The air you breathe outside causes you cancer.  Everything in the world causes cancer.”

On the before and after photos: “I’ve always been a beautiful girl. It didn’t matter if I was Black, White, yellow, blue, green. I have always been a very beautiful girl. It didn’t matter. Do I look more beautiful than I was before? Did I look more beautiful before than I am now? No. My beauty is who I am inside and out. It’s what is in my heart, it’s what I do for people, [and] it’s what I read in the Bible that makes me a better person. Do you get what I’m saying? I read the Bible a lot and I don’t see any place in the Bible that says that “If you bleach yourself, if you change your skin color, it’s a sin.” I have never seen that so please, if you’ve seen it let me know so I can go read that part of the Bible.”

On why she lightened her skin: “Why did I get a couple of shades lighter than I was? That’s a personal choice. That is what I wanted to be. And honestly, I just wanted to. I’m very daring. I like trying things. I’m not doing it because I wanna have boyfriends. And I’m not doing it because I want anybody to accept me. It’s because I just wanted to do it.”

On if the skincare line is making her rich: “Is Whitenicious making me rich? Whitenicious is putting money in my pocket but it’s not as much as the money that I have spent being a celebrity.  It hasn’t gotten to that point. Trust me I’ve made a lot of money off Whitenicous in 3 weeks. A lot of money. A lot of money that I didn’t even expect. And I’m using it to build an orphanage in Cameroon. I’ve always wanted to build an orphanage but the only way that I could really realize this project was by starting a business. And then Whitenicious fortunately happened.”

On the backlash: “No. No, I do not. I have more important things going on in my life. I have my health, I have my career, I have so many things. I have an orphanage I’m trying to build. Where do I have time to sit and think of these people? I don’t. Because I don’t really feel bad about everything you guys are saying, I don’t.  Because “she, me, her I don’t care” in my Tamar voice.

You guys talk sh*t about everybody. You guys have said too much sh*t about Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, but guess what? They’re winning. They’re at the top of their game. Why don’t you just see that what you’re doing is not helping you or them and just try to better yourself and be successful and bring out something. Instead of sitting there and bashing Whitenicious how about somebody bring out Blackenicious? Then we’ll know that you’re doing something instead of being ignorant. So keep talking. I don’t care because my sales are skyrocketing.

They have all these stories talking so much s*it and it’s funny because people come and they’ll tweet, “Where can I buy Whitenicious? I just read about it on Bossip.” I take negative and turn it into positive.”

On Whitenicious’ success: “You know what? It’s God. Honestly, I don’t know. Like I can’t even explain. I think its God. Everything I touch turns into gold. And it’s not just today. I have run businesses before. My first I was like 15. I had a hair salon and a clothing store. And it was really successful. I just think some people are born to be what they are. It was really successful. And if you believe in yourself and you believe in something and you pray to God to make it successful it’s gonna happen.

It’s no way it won’t happen. I have other things I could do. I have other things I am doing. Like everything you see me wearing, I make them. I have made stuff for a lot of celebrities in America. I have made stuff for Nicki Minaj, I have made stuff for Christina Milian, I have made stuff for Lil’ Mama, I’ve made stuff for Rihanna. I’ve made stuff for many celebrities. I do design well. I do hair very well. You see all the hair I have on? The wigs or whatever? I make those wigs. I sew, I make shoes, I do all those things. Now, why didn’t I get in with these things to the market? Because it’s saturated. Everybody and their mama and their grandmama and grand uncles have clothing lines. Everybody is selling hair. Everybody is doing these things. I don’t follow the pack, I lead the pack.

But my clothing line is still gonna come out, my shoe line is still gonna come out. I just do it exclusively for celebrities.  I have a really big project I’m working on in America. When that project comes out, I’m gonna be able to market the other things that I have but for right now Whitenicious is a better market. Whitenicious markets itself. I don’t need to do nothing.”

91 Comments on “Yes, It Will Bleach Your Skin…”! Dencia speaks to Ebony Magazine on Whitenicious
  • Fashionista February 4, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Hian!! Tanning does not transform you into a dark skinned person oh. It is a tan not magic!

• Ashley B February 4, 2014 at 6:34 pm

LMAO…………. having read a couple comments on this thread, (most infact) there are definitely no prizes for guessing right that most of us Naija peeps r hardcore fanatical haters. There are over 10 diffrent (billion dollar/Trillion Naira) industries that cause cancer that we dont hear any rambling about 4rm the lot of u. i would have listed them but i will instead spare u the details since u guys r Laboratory Scientists that know too well what causes cancer and what doesnt. If u cant be happy for the girl publicly, pls do ur bashing indoors!! like she said, instead of wasting ur time trynna bring her n her products down, u can either send ur NDLEA to seize her cancer inducing CONTAINER when it docks @ ur port or u guys can do something more positive and create ur cancer free BLACKENICIOUS and go out there n win more ARMY for the Black race! if that makes u feel betta.

P.s
      To d keyboard warriors, try n have a heart n support ur people, her market is predominantly not for Africans as she claims, so that just help soften ur hate. @ least they have competent doctors n hospitals to look after themselves in yanks even if the Cancer comes thro’ 4rm her cream unlike our sorry shitty country.

*big Sigh* thats off my chest now!! thanks b to God!! i was boiling earlier…… lol

• aj February 5, 2014 at 1:24 am

na wa Dencia defender!

• Ada Nnewi February 5, 2014 at 9:40 am

Your comment makes alot of sense

• bebe naenae March 14, 2014 at 4:52 pm

i get what you are saying….an our country as sorry as it might be really did not need to be the focus of your point making paragraph….

all love Bee

• Ricky February 4, 2014 at 2:05 pm

What’s going on here? Who is this woman?

• chi-e-z February 5, 2014 at 10:33 pm

my thoughts exactly

• Bella February 4, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Ok.

• Non professional opinion February 4, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I’m starting to believe there is a direct correlation between people who bleach their skin and people who tell big fat stinky lies.
    Why can’t Dencia say.
    “Despite the controversy and naysayers, drastic lightening of skin has propelled a lot of women to fame e.g. Toke, Tonto, Rihanna, and in the entertainment industry light skin seems to be a requirement. Look at me, no one even knows what I do for a living but this light skin has made me infamous. When people stop paying extra attention when they see a light skinned female, then creams like mine will stop selling. Till then I’m laughing to the bank……and building an orphanage *wink*wink*”

• Mz Socially Awkward... February 4, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Dead @ “Look at me, no one even knows what I do for a living but this light skin has made me infamous”. You meanie :-D

And she sounds like such a clueless bunny, bless her cotton socks…

• Non professional opinion February 4, 2014 at 4:11 pm

What I want to know is how she can tell the race of her customers from their encrypted credit card details. She is specific about having 10% white customers. How does she know, are they sending in their pictures? This interview stinks like sweaty bleached skin.

• slice February 4, 2014 at 11:58 pm

@Non P., you can tell from the names of the buyers. you may be wrong sometimes but you’ll be mostly right. also she may be talking to some of these buyers, esp the celebs she says make large orders. make no mistake, there’s high demand for what she’s selling. Whether people should be trying to bleach or tone, is an entirely difft matter. walk into any beauty supply shop in the U.S. and u’d likely see a whole corner with all these difft creams. even in our african/tropical stores. if people can testify that your product is doing the job, you’ll get lots of customers.

• MyDamnComment February 4, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Well, your version is way more interesting to read. These people should take notes.

• darkchildlovethyhair February 4, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Hahaha my thots exactly

• camo February 4, 2014 at 7:03 pm

weeping @ “Look at me, no one even knows what I do for a living but this light skin has made me infamous”. loooooooooooool!

• viv February 4, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Hmm na wa

• Turi February 4, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Hian… odiegwu!!!

• Torn February 4, 2014 at 2:13 pm

She sounds pretty daft! So stupid.

• aj February 4, 2014 at 2:16 pm

k

• Aibee February 4, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Now that’s a lot of tan and oil oh. Hian!

• YEYEAREWA February 4, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Dencia the Bleachira!!!!!!!!!

• blaisefan February 4, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Thank you so much for finally introducing “plastic” as a Camerounian! She doesnt have Nigerian blood and we dont want her. I couldnt even read the entire interview. Im surprised that the interviewer didn’t quit midway. Dencia sounds so dumb. She is clearly a pathological liar and a scam artist.

• deltachik February 6, 2014 at 5:38 am

I was about to say the same thing…I couldn’t even follow what she was saying, she never answered any of the questions, all she kept doing was defending her bleaching cream. Dumb chik!

• That African chic February 4, 2014 at 2:32 pm

One thing that cannot be taken away from Dencia is her drive and ambition….Girl got lots of it.
    However it sounded as if she was shouting on the interviewer…I really wish she had come across as more aware of certain issues and articulated her views without the use of certain inferences. She has a long way to go in her quest for relevance.

• Taiwo says February 4, 2014 at 2:38 pm

So sad cos she looked really pretty when she was brown oh chai what a waste !!!

• K February 4, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Rihanna doesn’t bleach though…

• omada February 6, 2014 at 1:26 pm

i’m sure he or she meant to type ‘Beyonce’…

• honeymix February 4, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Why is she asking herself questions and answering them. I did not even notice the interviewer’s questions anymore. More like ‘DURRH’, I’m rubbing it into your face that my bleaching product is relly selling.

• MyDamnComment February 4, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Like! I dont even understand. The interviewer BARELY had the chance to ask anything.

• jcsgrl February 4, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I tire o…I couldn’t read the rest of the interview. People respond that way when they are CLUELESS.

• Non professional opinion February 4, 2014 at 4:06 pm

People respond that way when they are LYING. There, I fixed it for you.

• Iris February 4, 2014 at 3:56 pm

LOL it reminded me of primary 2 Macmillan Q&A: “Why didn’t you go to school today? I didn’t go to school today because…” In a weird way I actually understand what she’s trying to say about bleaching though. The product is apparently to get rid of dark blemishes, but if you want to take it to the next level by buying tons and using it excessively everywhere then you will bleach your skin. In the same way, a teaspoon of sugar will only sweeten your tea, but if you go overboard it can become dangerous. The only thing is that she shouldn’t have been making noise about lawsuits since she has admitted that it can actually lighten your skin.

• jcsgrl February 4, 2014 at 5:34 pm

No its more like Q: Why didn’t you go to school? A: Why didn’t I go to school? I didn’t go to school because….
        @non professional opinion…lmao biko hapu m aka (abeg leave me jare…lol)

• slice February 5, 2014 at 12:01 am

in that one she’s right. it’s not her fault if instead of using it to remove spots, people actually use it to bleach their whole skin. some people put toothpaste all over their face overnight to bleach it, but we can’t stop selling whitening toothpaste :). meanwhile i have some spots. if anyone uses the thing and it works, please let me know

• aja February 4, 2014 at 2:47 pm

WOW!! am shocked at her stupidity speechless even.. i’ll just wait out the comments..smh

• Titi February 4, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Honestly bella naija you need to become socially responsible, people like this should not be given any publication space. Tell us about real young entrepreneurs in africa.dont help her promote her cancer-causing products.

• Miss_Flygerian February 4, 2014 at 2:49 pm

This bleached up skank is a very big fool. So why exactly was she creaming lawsuit before when the media claims were actually true? As long as it bleaches, it increases the risk of skin cancer. The truth hurts girl, deal with it and stop trying to bully people to shut up with your sorry ass lawsuit.

• Grown Woman February 4, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Hahaha she seems too bitter and speaks like someone who has not been to school.Learn to take people’s critism and work on them that way you will go far hahaha im still laughing hard here

• honeymix February 4, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Why is she hard on herself by asking questions and answering them. Did not even notice the interviewer’s questions anymore. More like ‘DURRH’ and rubbing it into the face, that my bleaching product is moving fast, deal with it.

• new bride February 4, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Serious delusions of grandeur!!!

• JWEZEE February 4, 2014 at 3:11 pm

waaat!!!! gurl how u gon say Africans don’t use credit cards n paypal….I fell weak at that statement. .and pls we know they are women in NIGERIA that would spend $5000 on cream…u just talk no research done

• slice February 5, 2014 at 12:03 am

actually, you can’t use paypal from Nigeria. unless it changed in the last few hours. if it has changed, please let me know. not that many people use credit cards in nigeria

• chi-e-z February 5, 2014 at 10:41 pm

That still doesn’t mean the people using paypal from other countries aren’t nigerians and I buy lots of stuff for my family and myself in U.S. then place shipment to nigeria (if i can) or ship it myself.

• Nana February 4, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Very interesting… The nationality of Dencia is changing on BellaNaija with the tide. She is swinging between Cameroonian-Nigerian and Cameroonian depending on the heat. When her product line was declared soldout, she was Cameroonian-Nigerian. Now that the same Iine is under the fire, she ins labelled her as Cameroonian!
    BellaNaija: why change now? Oh sorry, I missed that she is now making stupid comments and her popularity might plumet!!!

Nana

• omada February 6, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Its not Bella Naija actually. They are quoting the Ebony interview verbatim and in it she is described as Cameroonian…

• Nwa.baby February 4, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Is that really her on the left??????????????? LaaaaKuliiii!!! When you get to the pearly gates baba God go ask who you be as you no even resembu who hin bin create at all at all. Na wa o

• jcsgrl February 4, 2014 at 3:56 pm

dead dead dead. Oh Gosh! You people will not kill me o!

• Tiki February 4, 2014 at 6:06 pm

loooool. I have died.

• aj February 5, 2014 at 2:01 am

guys don’t pronounce death on yourselves all in the name of a funny comment. there are other ways of expressing your laughter.

• Retta February 4, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Good interview..
    Good defense…
    The girl has got an alibi
    I like the phrase; “i don’t follow the pack, i lead the pack…
    She’s got guts and sure can hold her own.
    i’ll have to say; YOU GO GIRL! don’t mind dem haters.
    Never really had an opinion about you buh from this interview, it shows your strong & a go getter…
    #MoreGrace

P.S: People please learn to read interviews, not from your judgmental/opinionated state of mind, but from an objective state of mind, see where she’s coming from and then criticize wisely.

• Naijadivaa February 4, 2014 at 4:05 pm

She sounds extremely stupid!!!

• Es February 4, 2014 at 4:14 pm

From left to right, her nose changed, lips changed, hips changed, waist got smaller, hair got bigger and of course skin as light as the morning sun!

• tobi amokeodo February 4, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I have nothing positive to say. I hope you have a legal adviser though. That’s all.

• Bliss February 4, 2014 at 5:11 pm

First, 90 percent of the people who just typed the comment didn’t read the entire interview. The first thing I noticed was the difference between the interviews she had done on nigerian magazines and blogs and this one. Clearly, ebony’s wasn’t edited. Dencia’s interviews with former are always edited to make her sound dumb and misconstrued!! She sounds like a smart business woman in this one. I doubt she got this smart just by experience gained from selling whitennicious for three weeks. This girl is an epitome of a diva (female version of a hustler), bravery and business woman. I’ve said before on this blog and I will say it again. If half the people hating on this girl could hustle and think business like her, we will be walking on gold streets. If you want to succeed in the business world, you must learn to leave your emotions at home. Dencia is doing just that!! Good luck girl!!

• titi February 4, 2014 at 7:39 pm

???????????

• slice February 5, 2014 at 12:06 am

i wish her luck too. i really can’t for the life of me understand why people are so mad at this chick.

• deltachik February 6, 2014 at 5:44 am

Am guessing you are Denci’s best friend init?

• omada February 6, 2014 at 1:30 pm

You need to sit your behind somewhere… If you see ‘hating’ you go fit stand?

• Modella February 4, 2014 at 5:30 pm

I actually enjoyed the interview,strange but true..It kept flowing….But I have seen her primary school pic,were she was dark skinned,was that still tan? I have no problem with whoever that bleachh seriously..I really don’t believe that bleaching cause cancer,I know it does,but not as much as been said..White suffer more from cancer than black people,is it because of bleaching,and hell yea,every black girls now bleach,but they are all living healthy..How and why?

• Chelseababe February 4, 2014 at 10:27 pm

I am a black woman and i do not bleach darling…Why don’t we always speak for ourselves instead of speaking for others.

• Vicki February 4, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Bleaching is definitely a personal choice and one should not be quick to judge people because of what they chose to do to their body. With that being said, the bleaching of skin can increase the chances of skin cancer. Bleaching skin reduces the melanin in ones skin which makes a person more susceptible to skin cancer. Now does this mean that black people can get skin cancer? No black people can still get skin cancer if they do not protect their skin from the UV rays of the sun. Everyone, no matter what race they are should always use some kind of SPF to protect their skin.

• ccc February 6, 2014 at 11:40 pm

African countries do not keep good demographic statistics, generally speaking, e.g., number of births and deaths, cause of death, incidence of certain kinds of diseases, etc. That, and the fact that almost every sickness and death is treated as supernatural, means you may even actually know people who died of cancer but not REALISE what killed them. In more developed countries, there are proper statistical records kept, so that you can easily find out how many people died from cancer in a certain time period, as well as the type of cancer. You don’t have that in poorer countries; rather, there is no proper diagnosis plus the blame gets put on the witch in the village. Hence the notion that cancer is a white person’s disease. That is completely wrong. Tanning, bleaching are both cancer-inducing. Google is your friend. Go on line and educate yourself. Take steps now to avoid lifestyles/behaviours linked with cancer. With all the information available at your fingertips on the internet, there is no excuse for labelling cancer a white man’s disease, or not realising that bleaching will put you at a high risk for cancer.

• Ready February 4, 2014 at 5:45 pm

What I know, and all I’m saying is…I aint donating one red cent to a ‘Save Dencia’ cancer campaign. That is my own. And nobody should try to censor anybody’s comments on this blog when the yawa hits the fan. Because trust me…the chickens will come home to roost.
    For now, let her keep I-don’t-care-ing and counting the big money coming into her pockets.

• deltachik February 6, 2014 at 5:46 am

yepa LOL …i second that.

• sisipawpaw February 4, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Indeed!! I certainly admire her moxy. Ladies who know how to fight their corner and hold their head up have my respect in that regard. Enough wahala just being female, imagine all the shots fired when you are a female who dares to be daring…

• nene February 4, 2014 at 6:03 pm

lier of the millenium. ta! gerrout there! madam dencia, you are a liar with BIG issues.

• Ada Nnewi February 5, 2014 at 9:55 am

Nene you are a very horrible person! Why are you always so negative and abusive?

• Tiki February 4, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Lol, the comments are cray-cray! This whole Whitenicious palaver was more palatable when she just kept quiet and sold her Crème-de-Ghost and made money – this interview makes a mockery of even the business acumen some of us were wont to believe she possessed. Mschew, 1 step forward, 5 steps back. Won’t you ever learn?

• marvel February 4, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Bleaching creams were sold before Dencia was born and I fail to jump on the ‘bash Dencia’ wagon. Nigerians buy bleaching creams made by white people all the time and have made many millionaires. This bleaching issue will NEVER go, so I will not abuse Dencia but hope she sees sense not to put her name to such chemicals as they damage the skin. Dencia is a business woman, make no mistake about that. Those calling her stupid need to look up the word. It’s the product that has to go but she does have a high business acumen. Let me see those cream mixing types attempt to defend themselves the way she has. You don’t want her to be defensive with all the name calling. Indeed! Selling porn, body parts, children is far worse. I don’t have bile to waste on such topics. Goodluck to her. I am more against the music videos that Nigerian male artists use to promote their music more than whitenicious.

• talkmitalk February 4, 2014 at 6:22 pm

I don’t condole to skin bleaching however, I belief it is a personal choice. In life there are two ways, you have right or wrong, left and right, front and back etc. She is selling a product she claims help rids dark spot. A lot of people out there have blemishes, dark knuckles, knees and elbows. She and the chemist concocted a mixture that target people’s imperfections. It is a personal choice. We are all Hippocrates because we are busy trying to crucify another for than trying to lift them up. I am a blogger and a novelist i know some of my blogs are just tell tales but the honest truth is…What have we done to help advocate healthy skin practices? Nothing…I feel bad for Dencia because I haven’t pointed a finger at her when all she is doing is trying to help us with our imperfections. We are just as guilty as her if her skin care line have reached so many.We have helped promote bleaching. I’m sorry Bella Naija for the long comment/blogging but what do you thing?

• Debsie February 5, 2014 at 4:06 pm

hippocrate? hmnnnnnnn…..

• anonymous February 4, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I really think that this interview with Ebony Mag actually hurt her b/c it shows how unintelligent she is. I was even thinking that she had some sense. She really sounds like a blabbing fool. I still say that this whole cream thing is a scam because:

1)Apart from the fake before and after photos which was clearly part of the PR campaign. Is there anybody who has actually received the product after purchasing it? All I see are people complaining that they have yet to receive their product.

2) Have you noticed that Dencia is always covered up when she makes public appearances? Why do you think that is? Why does she always wear that ridicious body suit even in the hot weather? I’d like to see her elbows, knees and feet. Of course she uses photoshop to cover up these areas when she takes professional photos.

So Dencia, please release a video (webcame) and show us your elbows and knees so that we know that the product works because it is beyond obvious that you’ve bleached your skin. We’d like to know if your cream is working to cover up those dark areas which even the strongest bleach can’t seem to treat. #Imjustsaying

• Hadassah February 4, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Lol at all the comments. I shall gently grab my coke and cheez – it crackers, and watch Dencia make it to forbes. Yes, I said Forbes. You will be surprised at how huge the skin lightening market is. You will be even more surprised at how many haters commenting on here bleach jejely in the name of toning; they say they are glowing . Lol Anyway, whether y’all tone or bleach I’m more interested in the business and marketing aspect of Dencia and her whitenicious. Hmmmmm come to think of it, I might just use her in some analysis in my thesis!! Omg!! Why am I just thinking this now!! Haaaaaa I love me some business marketing!! The chick smart Sha!!

• Olori Tari February 4, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I actually enjoyed this interview..it kept on flowing like someone mentioned above. I read it like I was gisting with my friends. Lol, I laughed for daysss. She’s so damn defensive. Yet again, I’m very indifferent about this…maybe I’m the unserious one here ?

• Tee February 4, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Blackenicious!!!!!!! Yeye mugu girl….

• Diya February 4, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Why is Casper the friendly silicon ghost calling dark skinned Africans – black Africans? She is ambitious, ignorant, unprofessional, & classless. How can you publicly say you don’t care what your customers do with your bleaching cream because it is their money? A sane/intelligent business owner will never say such. When a customer sues your company for skin damages then you will understand what company responsibility truly is. At least, pretend to you care about your costumers health. God bless her mental attitude because it can be fixed. I don’t know if the physical aspect of this woman can ever be regained following the several cosmetic manipulations.

• Singer February 4, 2014 at 9:58 pm

She made absolutely no sense with her answers. It was quite painful to read actually. Dencia my darling, please stop going around in circles and go straight to the point!

• chinco February 4, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Why does she sound so defensive? Dencia please breathe… also get a pr manager to teach you how to answer interview questions like a real celebrity….

• SOLO ACT February 4, 2014 at 11:45 pm

free this girl jor. if u dont want to buy her product DONT BUY IT! but why shouldnt an african woman bleach? Indians Koreans South Americans all bleach! black people are just soo loud thats why everybody knows we do it. I know by the time shes 55 years old she is going to regret it. but Women Bleach for men because they prefer a certain “black” girl. we should be attacking men not shaming women

• Sandra Stegmayer February 5, 2014 at 2:05 am

This is expensive !!!

• Lady February 5, 2014 at 5:49 am

i prefer to buy organic products than a cream that whitens the skin

• Stephanie February 5, 2014 at 5:51 am

this guy tho….*sigh*
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

• i agree February 5, 2014 at 6:13 am

I agree with you dencia. Mother nature is the best!!! The gene pool is always removing the unfit ones. You wanna bleach till cancer kills u? Go ahead!!! Maybe nature didn’t need u to live that long anyway. Bonus point if u didn’t reproduce!!! Yay!!

• Ada Nnewi February 5, 2014 at 9:53 am

I honestly don’t understand the hate, I mean if “bleaching ” appals you so much, don’t buy the cream…why you all are stooping so low to hurl insults at her is really beyond me…she has told you she’s marketing the cream as a spot remover, however if you want to use it to look like a mulatto that one is the buyer’s business..Dear Angry women if you feel so bad about whitenicious, please feel free to create your own blacknicious…End of Story!

• whocares February 5, 2014 at 12:12 pm

LOOL. Blacknicious.. I think she is very savvy and business oriented. Sex sell, and so does bleaching. She has cottoned on to that, and is making her money from both sides. From the interview she says how she has a range of talents.. sewing (maybe not the most stylish cloth from what we have seen her wear, or not wear). but she can sew, has run her own salon etc. I cant even knock her hustle, and I don’t care if it is a bleaching cream or not. Its simply not my business what people choose to do to their body, and in this instance she has a market, a wide one at that, so free her jare.. I am tired of seeing skin success on the bleaching shelves. As for the morality of it.. It goes too deep to be turning on one woman trying to make her money.

• uju February 5, 2014 at 1:28 pm

….hmmmm….i just will like to see how bright your health light shines in the next couple of years….you were such a beautiful dark skinned girl shaa

• Aku February 6, 2014 at 9:57 am

Echoing all your comments about how brainless she sounds in this interview. My take is she wasn’t well prepared and so didn’t have reasonable answers to the questions she was asked, hence her disastrous efforts to save face. Perhaps she should have let her PR person do this instead? I feel sorry for her.

• JOANNY February 7, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Dumb answers indeed. Sometimes it’s just better to shut up and hide your brain (if you NO get better one that is). Always dropping names….tanner oshi!

• praise February 9, 2014 at 1:52 am

Why would ebony waste a nano second of their time on this daft woman. So dense, no wonder she bears dencia. Seriously this a whole lotte garbage and the whole light skin, dark skin debate is becoming rubbish. A woman who bleaches her skin and then justifies her action should not be taken seriously. I have seen her in real life, she looks old! Bleaching ages! And remove the foundation and all lies a very ugly face. Please you don’t want to see women who bleach in the morning!!! In 10 years time she’d be looking redemption. And point of correction Dencia is not a very beautiful woman. By any standard she is just okay…

• halalhoneybee February 19, 2014 at 9:01 am

Lord ! I I’m sure I lost brain cells reading this interview . Three minutes of my life that I unfortunately can’t get back. And I’ve heard people say well maybe it’s because she’s foreign. NO ! it’s because she’s a self hating field negro that needs self esteem, a reality check, etiquette classes and a publicist ! The nerve of her basically saying “yes it will bleach your skin, no I don’t tell my customers the harmful effects it could possibly have and I don’t care becasue this is how I make money.”

• ona March 5, 2014 at 9:50 am

She’s cleaning out n she’s lucky…