News

Jim Iyke is “Unscripted”! View Photos from the “Nollywood Bad Boy”s Upcoming Reality TV Show

Onos

Jim Iyke (3)

When it comes to Nigerian celebrities who are household names and, who have become the Adam or Eve of certain Nigerian stereotypes, Jim Iyke‘s name is never far away. From his bad boy/lover boy movie persona to his more than fair share of media outbursts, not to mention the whole AMVCA fiasco, Jim Iyke clearly has a knack for gaining attention.

So, when we heard that the Nollywood star has started shooting his own reality TV show, we knew that this would definitely be a thrill to watch. Really, think about it, all the Jim Iyke myths would finally be able to be proven – Is he really violent with women? Does he kiss so ferociously in real life? Does his accent change when he’s talking to his close friends and buddies? Is he really a ‘bad boy-lover boy’?

Jim Iyke (1)

So far, it is alleged that four episodes have already been completed and the show which is slated to be on Africa Magic, Oh Africa TV and syndicated around the globe for its first year, will debut this March, 2013. Once it airs, Jim Iyke will be the latest Nigerian celebrity to have a reality TV show following the trend popularized by Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde’s ‘The Real Me‘ which started in December 2012.

And, according to TheNETNG, the TV show may may fetch him around $500, 000 (around N78m).

Share your thoughts! Do you think this show would really be Unscripted? Will Jim Iyke be as entertaining on reality TV as he is in movies?

Jim Iyke (2)jim iyke 5 jim iyke 6 jim iyke 8 jim iyke7 jim iyke9jim iyke 4Jim Iyke

Photo Credits: Twitter – JimIykeOfficial

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. Jd

March 14, 2013 at 11:09 am

So?

2. linda

March 14, 2013 at 11:17 am

See what am saying, omotola will always be the first den others will follow

3. pynk

March 14, 2013 at 11:24 am

i think JIm is enjoying his own circus.

4. Mz Socially Awkward...

March 14, 2013 at 11:27 am

What the heck is that tee-shirt about – “Jim Said So”?? Oh, Lawd…

Anyway, isn’t Jim Iyke basically unscripted in his normal, everyday, walking-and-talking life? Even when he’s acting, he doesn’t really seem to be following any kind of script. I definitely would watch his show, though, for a good laugh. And did he start his own folklore? Because he seems like one of those men that’ll just be total pussycats with women… bad-boy my foot.

5. joe

March 14, 2013 at 11:33 am

OmoSexy don open pple dem eye abi
    But its all good diversification its good to see our African stars shine and do movies and reality shows its really good..Kudos to jim am looking forward to watch it

6. TONIA

March 14, 2013 at 11:44 am

NA WA O, EVEN OKADA RIDERS WOULD START THEIR OWN REALITY SHOW SOON.

7. giggy

March 14, 2013 at 11:46 am

first it was omotola, then Laide bakare, now Jim Iyke……. it is well

8. Thatgidigirl

March 14, 2013 at 11:50 am

Na now the accent wan even start. ok now! make we dey watch

9. Doks

March 14, 2013 at 11:56 am

hahaa! I would loooove to see this!!!

10. Bey

March 14, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Hmmmm i want to watch..I pray it wldnt be fake like omotola’s own..queen genny pls don’t follow the trend,,I trust u cox yuh a woman of class

11. JIE

March 14, 2013 at 12:20 pm

WONDERSIOUS

• Naija talk

March 14, 2013 at 3:46 pm

@ JIE
      You wan kill pesin lol!

12. dont mention

March 14, 2013 at 12:28 pm

awwww…wish i could watch my guy ….love love jim n i hope de show is good…someone pls upload on youtube for us who cant watch from africa
    vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

13. NIKI

March 14, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Well reality shows are the in thing now. Its quite interesting that the crase it here in naija. Expect more shows.

14. alice

March 14, 2013 at 12:30 pm

jymiyke wnt stop

15. NIKI

March 14, 2013 at 12:31 pm

If shows like Jerseylicious and the likes are making wave please Naija, bring it on………….

16. Positive

March 14, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Tonia, Tonia, Tonia….. How many times I call you? Word! It might actually be entertaining….. 🙂

17. Bex

March 14, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I absolutely love Jim Iyke. Maybe because he’s a bit of a rebel and noncomformist. I’d definitely watch it!

bexluvs2dress.blogspot.com

18. Ms lala

March 14, 2013 at 12:45 pm

dang it..jim kills me..am still dying of lafter from his stint in sharon stone..dude is just plain hilarious…why do i see him going off on the camera crew and getting sidetracked on his own commentary..dude is a walking A.D.D and i love it.

19. alache

March 14, 2013 at 12:47 pm

It will be so boringggg

20. rhodes

March 14, 2013 at 1:10 pm

i like dis dude sha

21. Chyke

March 14, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I think it should just be called SCRIPTED SHOW. Omotola’s own was as b0ring as Oge Ok0ye’s movies, it was so fake=n0thing was real. It was just as if she was interpreting different scripts given to her. Dis Jim Iyke’s own won’t be any different. Jim sh0uld beta take some acting less0ns s0 as t0 beta his acting skill not jumping into a scripted show. Me no fit watch dis kain rubb!sh o. I hope say Rita, Kate, Uche n Funke with Banky W dey hear me now o. I don talk am finish.

22. Chyke

March 14, 2013 at 1:32 pm

*correction* I will watch @least 3 episodes so I can get a review of it myself. As for dat his accent=I think he should just be christenned AMERICAN WANNABE cos its so fake. He ruins his scripts with his am polished accent. He n Stephanie Okereke, Tonto Dike, Oge Okoye their accents are d fakests in nollywood. As for dat of Chacha Eke, na God go save us.

23. Bey

March 14, 2013 at 3:24 pm

24. @ajiriavae

March 14, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I can hardly wait. I know it will be very entertaining. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing will depend on him and his management. I hope for his own sake that he is one of the producers.
    ajiristyle.blogspot.com/

25. prefer fashion to xes!

March 14, 2013 at 6:56 pm

He is good,one of the few good actors left in naija..N78 million? That huge!

26. Cuteness

March 14, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Erm Bella, how is he the second Nigerian celeb, Laide Bakare nko? This quite classist of you big shame!

27. Cynthia

March 14, 2013 at 8:28 pm

This dude’s arrogance disgust me.ps: I ve met him in person.wont watch.all the best though.

28. Sarah

March 15, 2013 at 12:09 am

I don’t get why we naijas complain wen naijas do stuffs like dis! Meanwhile dis d same us that seat and watch kim k and all oda reality shows. Just b supportive and if ur nt into it scrammmmmm! Gosh! Its called entertainment!dats wat dey do 4 leaving. Anyway all U Do is criticise and neva get paid 4 it!lol

29. NNENNE

March 15, 2013 at 1:39 am

Jim has always made it known, even on BN he was doing a reality TV. He was the first Nollywood artist to publicize it. For whatever reason, Omotola implemented it before him.
    Regardless of who did it first, they are living their dreams!

30. MEE

March 15, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Tanx Sarah, u said it alll, keep criticising and u wud neva get paid for it! How can anyone say Jim is nt a good actore? Inshort what is wrong with all naija celebs startin dia reality show? Wats intrestin in jerserlicious? Ice loves coco,and d’very many reality show on dstv? Yet we pay montly to watch them.abeg make una free d’guy,mz socialy awkard, na u talk true,Jim dosent act like he follows anybodys script or directions,Go Jim!cant wait!

31. obitalk

March 15, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Jim is such a controversial figure that gues wat, its so going to work! better than all the rest sef

32. Huraira

March 15, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Oyah try it lets see. U and omotola who will be the beast.

33. Naveah

March 15, 2013 at 3:34 pm

I do believe this show will actually be unscripted because Jim Iyke himself is very unpredictable.

34. Babious

March 15, 2013 at 5:00 pm

oh shut it wit omotola bringing ds s**t! her show is whack n his will be. when u look at reality shows in Hollywood,its people dat r nobody’s n want to be popular not people that are already A-listers. Anyways it shows hw ds nollywood celebs regard themselves,since they r no where near being movie stars. f****d up celebs with low mentality,idiots! Genny, dnt ever try ds s***t,or else u’ve lost a dedicated fan. dats y u r the best.

35. Joe

March 16, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Comments or no comments Jim will do his show
    whether successful or not its what he wants to do and he will.
    Its so easy to sit infront of your PC and write rubbish about our very own celebrities.
    Dont mix bad words with your bad mood

36. bidemi

March 18, 2013 at 5:08 pm

ummmmmmmmmmm jim ike am filin u here oooooo bucoz i always luv ur swager

37. Otsanya Endurance A'K.A PABLO BLOOD MONEY

April 12, 2013 at 3:52 pm

omotola implemented it n so bloody what? the truth is that the both (omotola n jim) and i know JIM will make us proud no matter what anybody feel about him. as for me, he is the best and he will continue to bring out the best in him. JIM NO WORRY YOURSELF I BELIEVE YOU N I KNOW SAY U GO DO WELL. I CANT WAIT TO WATCH IT.

38. Otsanya Endurance A'K.A PABLO BLOOD MONEY

April 12, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Jim jst knw dat if everybody r against u, am here 4 u no matter what people say or feel abt u, I STILL LOVE U INFACT U R MY ROLE MODEL. N I WANT TO B SOMEBODY JST LIKE U N ABOVE U TOO.

39. Melody Thompson

June 19, 2013 at 12:07 pm

it’s a success already… go on Jim we are right behind you