Style

BN Beauty: Get This Look – “Smoked Plum” | ThatIgboChick

BN Beauty ThatIgboChick MakeupTutorial - BellaNaija - December 2014

Hello beautiful people!

The season to be jolly is still here so let’s watch a great tutorial from makeup lover Chidimma Umeh of ThatIgboChick. Here we will get to see her achieve a simply pretty makeup look that you can easily rock.

It’s a great choice if you’re not one for loud makeup, and can easily be transformed into a night out look if you need some colour.

Let’s get into it!

BN Beauty ThatIgboChick MakeupTutorial - BellaNaija - December 2014001BN Beauty ThatIgboChick MakeupTutorial - BellaNaija - December 2014002

Products Used

Brows
MAC Eyebrow Pencil – Spiked
MAC Studio Finish Concealer – Nw45

Eyes
MAC paint – Bamboom
Kiko Color Sphere – 33 (Lid)
Camouflage Makeup Art Eyeshadow – 926 (crease)
MAC Eyeshadow – shadowy lady (outer crease)
Inglot AMC – 77 liner
Black – Sephora color anthology palette
MAC Fluidline Pencil – Black brilliance (waterline)
Fabulosity Pen Liner – black
Clinique High Lengths Mascara
Red Cherry – #43

Face
Black up Creme to Powder Foundation – NFC 11
Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer – SX13
Ben Nye Banana Powder
Black Up Two Way Cake – TW 11
Cover Girl Queen Collection Bronzer – ebony bronze (contour)

Cheeks
MAC Blush – Raizin

Lips
MAC Lip Pencil – Plum
MAC Lipstick – Myself

Watch!

Photo Credit: ThatIgboChick.com

1. JohnMatilda

December 26, 2014 at 4:09 pm

There will come a day wen all women will be forced to come out and go about their normal business without wearing any iota of makeup, wat d eyes will see, the mouth will not be able to talk, after dat day lemme see who will come and post ” i woke up like dis” pix on instagram. Back to d topic, the make up looks flawless and natural,but u had to apply all dat to get that look?, odikwegu

• TM.Lucia

December 26, 2014 at 7:51 pm

My thoughts exactly!

2. dapo

December 26, 2014 at 9:17 pm

girls ehn.. i remember last summer, this girl come my house, come sleep over… i met her online, we do that tinz..lolzzz, she be Nigerian too, i don fall in love… omo, the following morning, she don comot make up… i confuse die, maybe na she i see yesterday… i swear the love disappear lolz… anyways, girls will be still be girls… they cant do without make up…

3. Mac

December 27, 2014 at 12:49 am

There is nothing wrong with wearing make up.It just makes girls look fake when they wear it to transform them instead of enhancing their beauty.I am afraid most girls will become I unsecured if they don’t wear make up at all.
    My advise to guys:make a surprise visit to ur girl in the morning,offer to take them on a treat to beauty salon and watch them strip off their make up and check on their baby pictures.

4. Ama Asante

December 27, 2014 at 1:58 am

Just before you actually criticise someone’s work, please pray and ask GOD to open your eyes so that you might actually learn something. I am amazed at some of the comments people post in general on this platform. No matter what, they will always have something negative to say….while you are busy doing that…some of us who are not even Nigerian are watching and learning and GOD is blessing us and we are learning from your jewels which you don’t even realise are gold.
    You know I actually thought Dimma actually lived abroad because of the quality of her social media content till I found out that despite Africa’s internet challenges, she puts out quality videos straight from Enugu which is even far better than the videos that people based abroad put out. Go figure…Talk about resilience. So please before you criticise, ask this very crucial question….is there something I can learn. Because once you criticise and complain, God shuts the door to receiving the person’s wisdom from you. Pause and think about this…

• cicimileko

December 27, 2014 at 6:15 am

a very lovely decent comment. I loved what you said and it came from a clean heart.
      well done and with a beautiful and open mindset, the sky is your limit and your blessings dear are seriously unlimited.
      whilst a lot of people spew out a lot of unnecessary things from within them, it also shows how much they are expecting back for themselves, cause what an individual gives, in words, kind or deed; a person receives back double fold.
      i am positive dimma will appreciate the way you stood up for her. well done lady, i applaud your kind and sincere gesture.

5. Ama Asante

December 27, 2014 at 2:30 am

I am actually not Nigerian. I am from Ghana and I love Dimma. I have learnt so much from her social media platforms and believe you me, it’s not about makeup at all. She is more than makeup and if you focus on that, you would have missed the point totally!!! Her work ethic, her attention to detail, her excellence in what she puts out as video tutorials is worthy of emulation. For those who criticise the use of makeup, there is absolutely nothing wrong with putting your “best face” forward. Ever heard of “first impressions” counting?Dimma is more than just makeup, please bother to go and read her blog posts, she never ends a post without a scripture which is always inspiring. I don’t see her YouTube channel as just beauty, for me she is doing “ministry”. The girl knows her stuff. I have actually bought products she’s recommended on her blog and because she’s done her research, the products actually deliver. ust before you actually criticise someone’s work, please pray and ask GOD to open your eyes so that you might actually learn something. I am amazed at some of the comments people post in general on this platform. No matter what, they will always have something negative to say….while you are busy doing that…some of us who are not even Nigerian are watching and learning and GOD is blessing us and we are learning from your jewels which you don’t even realise are gold. You know I actually thought Dimma actually lived abroad because of the quality of her social media content till I found out that despite Africa’s internet challenges, she puts out quality videos straight from Enugu which is even far better than the videos that people based abroad put out. Go figure…Talk about resilience. So please before you criticise, ask this very crucial question….is there something I can learn. Because once you criticise and complain, God shuts the door to receiving the person’s wisdom from you. I have learnt so much just by watching her and for me who has never been to makeup school, I am about to turn makeup into my side hustle or 2nd job..

6. Miss Mo

December 27, 2014 at 5:20 am

Pretty, love the look dear. Thanks 🙂

7. JohnMatilda

December 27, 2014 at 10:04 am

Ama Asante how I wish I could talk to u face to face. I critically read ur comment and with some if d statement u made u confused urself. Wat do u mean by putting ur best face?, wat is wrong with ur natural face? Is dat face not good enough to be ur best face or u aren’t proud of d way u were made naturally?, this is one thing guys will never understand and me too. It’s as if u are playing double standards here, it’s same thing as someone who doesn’t feel good about her breast and opts for plastic surgery, I mean she has to put her best out there, first impression matters alot u know. Sometimes I imagine that through out a lady’s lifetime only d interior of her home and a very few people will actually know how actually she look like, that alone beats me to bit. Maybe I’m old-school, that’s d way I am.

8. jake ro

December 27, 2014 at 5:45 pm

She looks really beautiful and natural. As if she never even have any make up.

9. Ama Asante

December 27, 2014 at 8:38 pm

@JohnMatilda-Me too oh…how I wish I could have this conversation face to face with you….lol

10. Red

December 27, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Make-up is art. It is here to stay. I do not understand what all the bickering is about. Should a woman come out with an unevenly toned, spotty face for you to know she is a woman? Make-up helps to cover certain flaws on the skin which makes one feel more confident stepping out. Not everyone is gifted with flawless skin; we should be thankful we have make-up to help out. That being said, I absolutely loved the tutorial and Dimma is really beautiful.

11. zim chick

January 6, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Your work is amazing. The quality of your videos and make up artistry is great.. The fact that your an African girl doing this is really inspirational .Keep up the good work, you will go far.