Sweet Spot

#Trending: Read an Excerpt of OAP Osi Suave’s Book “Confessions of a Lagos Bachelor”

BellaNaija.com

OAP Osi releases Excerpt of Book "Confessions of a Lagos Bachelor" - BellaNaijaBeat FM’s OAP Osikhena Dirisu Anslem popularly known as Osi Suave has on his Twitter released an excerpt of his book “Confessions of a Lagos Bachelor.

Osi had previously announced the book would be in stores by December, but in an update on Twitter, he said he’s been busy sorting out contracts. He wrote:

My Book the Confessions of a Lagos Bachelor was supposed to be out this month; But i have contracts that need to be sorted out. Here is a final excerpt from the Book pls Read and RT And also let me know your Thoughts.

The excerpt features a story in the form of a letter to an ex-girlfriend, keeping her up to date with the happenings of his life, while also clearly pining for her.

Take a look at the post and the excerpts below:

OAP Osi releases Excerpt of Book "Confessions of a Lagos Bachelor" - BellaNaija

Photo Credit: @Osi_Suave

1. Biker Chic

December 5, 2017 at 8:21 pm

Poorly written.

• Iq

December 6, 2017 at 8:26 am

The worst I have read in a while!

Did he not show anyone after drafting? Could they not tell him it looks like it was written by an 8 year old?

2. Gigi

December 5, 2017 at 9:54 pm

I totally love it. It is a story that most people can relate to. The part where she wanted to sell the dress he bought for her on tiwitter was funny though, kai some chics can be mean!
    Plus when the cleaning lady asked about madam, he had to lie that she travelled. “Did she travel with all her stuff.hilarious

3. Amaka

December 5, 2017 at 10:24 pm

What’s with the typos?

4. Cozygal

December 5, 2017 at 11:03 pm

Quite disjointed. He could have put body to the threads of information. Did this pass through a proper editor? I can’t imagine it did and it’s this porous. Everybody is writing memoirs sha…. May be I should write one too. We all have stories to tell…??

5. Sisi

December 5, 2017 at 11:52 pm

Is he serious – this is piss poor. I believe this must have been the first first draft. This is actually shambolic and I am embarrassed for him if this is excerpt of version to be published. At least Tokstarrs end product was a good read with correct grammar and a rhythm.

6. Lagosgyel

December 6, 2017 at 3:19 am

THIS IS BAD WRITING! There is no excuse for this kind of crap. Not even if he wanted to accurately reproduce twitter-speak. Why are some of these new so-called authors so wedded to mediocrity? We, as readers, DESERVE BETTER. Also, forget the typos, but what is with all the product placement?? I hope Dstv, Pepsi and co are paying you for the advertisment, otherwise akanor help you. #boycottmediocrity2017

7. Kendall

December 6, 2017 at 10:16 am

Wow, this reads like a joke. I know its not easy to write but this one took me to another whole level of bad writing. OSI, you actually need to know how to write to be a writer much more to release a memoire. I guess you deserve some kudos for effort.