New Video: D’Banj tells the story of ‘Suddenly’

Who could have predicted this?

That’s the golden question. Just a few years ago, a young man named Dapo Oyebanjo appeared on our screen singing a song called ‘Tongolo’. Yeah, we whined our waists and sang along…We even commented on the other guy in the video who just sat down on a majestic chair with his ornate walking stick but who on earth could have predicted that ‘that dude’ would become arguably the biggest star of his generation! and the ‘other dude’? well, he needs no introduction too, the name Don Jazzy or Don Baba J is embedded in our memories now!

Fast Forward to present day.

D’Banj has released the first of several videos for tracks from his most recent album ‘The Entertainer’. Its the video for fan favorite ‘Suddenly‘. The video was shot on location at Chief Rasak Okoya’s ‘Oluwa Ni Ishola’ Estate. Directed by Sesan Ogunro. It features D’Banj, a bevy of scantily clad women, Ikechukwu, Wande Coal, Don Baba J and the rest of the Mo Hits Crew. ENJOY!

23 Comments on New Video: D’Banj tells the story of ‘Suddenly’
  • jo February 11, 2009 at 8:41 am

thats one toned bod…DANG!…..A

• olugbenga February 11, 2009 at 9:06 am

hot music and video

• Ateeq Jidda February 11, 2009 at 10:28 am

nice one

• Kpakpando February 11, 2009 at 4:04 pm

I’m sha getting over my crush on dbanj :( This is easily my favorite song on that album, but I really though there’d be more to the video seeing as it started somewhere… I didn’t want to see bonga fish dancing near the water the remaining minutes.

• Mamasita Diva February 11, 2009 at 5:03 pm

I dont get it.. the video was going somewhere with a a storyline (i think? ) but then just ended up in your usual pool shots with scantily clad women and your usual club dance scene. I give props where props is due and the video quality is amazing and some good shots also D Banj is his usual cheery self, it seems there was a concept itntended but just ended up as the same ol same ol.

I got nothing but love for Ikechukwu but!…. Hmm

D Banj sure has got his game on lock noting but respect for the Mo Hits Crew.

Can not wait to see the Vid for Igwe they have every chance to be really creative with that video.

• kalu February 11, 2009 at 6:36 pm

i can see why u ar best in africa, u deserve it, garry go nd rock kokomaster, d entertainner.

• mimz February 11, 2009 at 7:02 pm

i fink the whole concept of the video is dat wen d’banj was largely unknown n stuf….as in walkin alone by the bushy roadside with a walk man…a bloody walkman..nt even a CD player…(dat really cracked mi up)…den don jazzy came n scooped him up sorta..discovered him or sumtin…and gave him the potent koko h20 wich i gues is a metaphor for his beats and input in the whle mohits shiznit…and he “suddenly” explodes into stardom…from the bushy roadside to a poolside with raffiapalms..women n wine…friends n all…etc..etc..and nw erry1 wants a piece of him…

all in all the video is haut!!!..i fink dis serves as a pointer to the fact that u dnt nid to go to jand or SA to shoot ur videos….u can make it work in naij…u jus nid to hook up with the right ppl or use the right equipment…in terms of shootin the vid and photography n stuf…i def prefer this vid wayyyyyy much more than their mohits ‘i wanna b close to u’ vid wich was purportedly shot in SA.

biko…. its time we enhance our own creativity instead of running abroad to enrich other ppl…

• belle February 11, 2009 at 7:04 pm

I mean i totally understand where you are coming from.
    The video looked like it was going somewhere, but just went to the same ol bull shit……And why the hell is Ikechukwu putting money in the girl’s knickers…..I wouldnt really blame him tho, she sat there and smiled. Ah well…….i cant wait for some real “food for thought” videos…
    sheesh

• mimz February 11, 2009 at 8:03 pm

lmao…lol…@ “I wouldnt really blame him tho, she sat there and smiled”…dat rili cracked mi up…

wen it comes to the issue of musicians n stars not respecting women by showin dem scantily clad in deir videos a la 50 cent,snoop…etc etc..

u cant rilli blame dem cos i gues wen the cheddr is rite..the babes well as might…

it just has to do with the individuals n deir priorities

• Paris February 11, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Been hooked on this joint ever since yesterday and its b’cos of d video. lol i woke up this morning singing it….yea it’s that serious!.

• Osana Isaac February 12, 2009 at 4:50 pm

men the video was good. you are still the best. keep it up.

• damola February 13, 2009 at 1:14 am

For arguably the best song in 2008, I am dissapointed!,

I am a die hard dbanj fan, he’s the only dude that brought me out of my shell to a show in 2008, so I love him, But this video is not the class I expected

Tuface’s , 2 baba’s “enter d place” beat this video hands down!

• ade February 13, 2009 at 1:29 am

i love u die but i be boy ooooooooo no go think another thin

• Y February 13, 2009 at 3:11 am

Sorry but what is happening to our english? do you realize that your english is totally…?

• laju February 13, 2009 at 4:51 pm

nt seen d video yet!buh wid all dese comments,i’m already curious!i best go c d video!

• couscous February 16, 2009 at 5:16 am

I think over all d vid is tight, Dbanj did well as usual, but cant say much for the rest mumus just standin behind him doing nothin, they honestly looked ridiculous…. and I agree Ikechukwu is cool but yea mmmmm…. Wtf !!!! dat nigga needs to get a reality check he aint mohits, like d bendin ass kissin gatta end someday…. Nigga aint u gatta pick wats left of ur dignity? geeezzzzzz
    Bk to d vid, Nice one altho more was expected…

• Ladi February 20, 2009 at 3:51 am

I prefer Dare’s SA video seriously whats with the scantily clad women?

I’m tired of these men. Ikechukwu putting money in her..? Thats hot? No class sorry!

Africans have problems!

• Tumi April 14, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I think it’s a fantastic video in terms of the quality, the script though is becoming scarily close to those of the ‘booty-ho’ videos from America.

Immitation is not our only option??!

• sholer June 9, 2009 at 11:50 am

no long thing,baba god bliss u,i luv ur song 4rm my i do nt no i jus no dat i luv ur song dan any song.but i want 2 be like u one day i am goin in music 2

• Angela July 20, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Whaaaat…. is that omoge u done make me fall in love. i luv that song to die

• RitaMoses April 27, 2010 at 5:02 am

@KpaKpando, why u go dey call person child bonga fish? Anyways, ur comment make me laugh so tay my roommate come check and say, “o girl, u dey alrite?” You cracked me up for real!! LOL

• Amir Thompson June 6, 2010 at 4:55 am

Incredible song, and I’m not really into that type of music.

• nekky December 7, 2011 at 6:40 pm