Posted on Friday, February 15th, 2013 at 12:15 PM

By Atoke

We find that a lot of women remain in abusive relationships for different reasons. Many people believe that they have no options, others feel there’s a sense of failure attached to walking away. For others, it is the stigma that is attached to it being away out of a relationship. However, there are some people who do not realize that they are actually in abusive relationships.

Ariyike Akinbobola of Spice TV shares 5 tips to know if you are in an abusive relationship.

Watch it here!

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 35 Comments on “How To Tell If You Are in An Abusive Relationship | Watch Ariyike Akinbobola Share Tips on SpiceTV”

Comments
    • chumm February 15, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Fake accent…not natural atall…head movements and body language off putting!

• iba February 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM

lol lol. I sort of enjoyed it, felt maybe she could have expatiated on it but its ok still.lol

• Oluchi February 15, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Bad belle no good. Which video you don record before. Leave Ariyike alone jare…

• Oyinmomo February 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Seriously? she’s pronounces her words very well and has excellent diction and u call that fake accent? With the revealing thing she said, its only ‘fake accent’ n ‘off-putting body language’ that caught your attention? Your belle haff decay gaan o.

• Nomy February 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Hating never tire you? You should be getting tired by now o!

• Blezzing February 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I love her dress!!!
        seeing as I don’t have a boyfriend or relationship to psychoanalyze…:-D

• Brainy February 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Wow! Dis video is very revealing. Thank u so much Ariyke. Its amazing that most ladies take dis signs 4 granted.

• amdi February 15, 2013 at 4:33 PM

she was talking about ladies only…both partners get abused all the time

• Yemmy brown February 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM

No she wasn’t she said partners,check again

• yomi February 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Ladies should learn from this. I don’t know y some women stay in an abusive relationship. Its so sad.

• bukky February 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Good that domestic violence is being talked about in Naija. We need to flush that shit down the toilet. But this presenter needs to chill with the body movements and she should pronounce her name in the Yoruba way not with fone.

• IyawoWizkid February 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM

If my man threatens to slap me sef am out. Its weird that some ladies still allow their partners to turn them to punching bags and in some cases kill them before they have sense. Ariyike thanks for the tips.

• Miss Amina February 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I like dis video because it is straight to the point. If a man truly loves you,he won’t hit you !

• Jozzy February 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Ariyike I love your articles cos they inspire,inform and educate. This video is just on point!

• nnenne February 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM

well said but her iyanga is too much. the main reason why i’m finding it hard to let go of my ex is that he’s nth close to abusive be it verbally, emotionally or physically. i annoyed him countless times but never for once did he abuse or even try to abuse me in whatever form. i pray my next will be better than him cos i can’t stand any form of abuse. before i go into any relationship, i look at how the guy treats girls and women. if he can afford to talk to the fuel attendant or the waitress or even the ground-nut seller in a disrespectful way, i assume he can do that to me as well. my man shouldn’t just have respect for me alone but for all females.

• Crystal February 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I wonder why people have become so picky about accents, they have become the judge of what a real and fake accent sound like…it is just so shallow! That’s not even the point of the video! A person tries to pronounce words well with excellent diction and boom his/her accent is fake! Chill out!!!

• Urban February 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM

It is only natural for people to question a presenter’s accent. When a person opens their mouth, the accent is the first thing you hear and it is perfectly normal to wonder why a person speaks with the accent of another nationality. If katie Couric spoke with a Jamaican accent , I would wonder because she is is a born and bred American.

• ikunkun February 16, 2013 at 2:49 AM

and what nationality did you confuse this babe’s accent with?:/

• ANGEL February 15, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Thanks,cool presenter I like the way u talk,Ladies be smart.

• what February 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM

the worst kind are the narcissist….you do not want to fall for this types i tell you.,..they are so charming , prince in shining armour then they slowly start abusing you, first emotionally and then you keep questioning yourself how can such a lovable guy/romeo treat you this way ..and then from thinking he would change and being confused about who your guy really is the cycle goes on…..sigh…

• Berlinda February 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM

@ Chumm…where is the fake accent cos all i heard was fluent english…People should learn to encourage others and not always criticise what others do. By the way thanks Ariyike for the tips.

• help me please February 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM

guys please help me out here.. so you know when people say if a man truly loves you, he wont hit you. Yeh that phrase… hmmnn… does it apply to parents too ?? i mean if my mama/papa beat me black and blue, does it mean she does not love me?? i mean for someone who gave birth to me for that matter, not husband or friend. Are we just contradicting ourselves or having double standards towards violence?? If i say parents should not hit their children now you people will say it is our african culture .. or the bible says spare the rod and spoil the child.. im confused oo .. so violence is acceptable in training a child but not in marriage??? nawa oo

• you really need help..... February 16, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Egbami!! See me see analysis oh!! I don’t know which one you are trying to rationalize or antagonize…but here are quick questions I never dreamed I’d ever have to ask anyone….
        1, Is your spouse your parent? Yes the Bible says spare the rod and spoil the child….is your spouse a child?? If an adult child messes up, do the parents beat the beat them still? correctional measures differ at different developmental stages in humans, an average Nigerian child stops getting whooped by early teen years give or take a couple of years…
        2, Abeg do your parents show love to you by doing the nookie with you like your spouse does…. you obviously have a problem differentiating between different types of relationships. Moreso, the Bible says Husband love your wife, Wife honor your Husband….
        3. Do you go “Ike Turner” on your friends when they piss you off?? or do you not love them?? that will amount to a lot of jail time. won’t it??
        Anyways its your choice na, If you like don’t whoop your child(ren),leave them to go crazy or better still let your spouse turn you to punching bag or vice versa..iwolomo
        I am irritated that I even have to reply to such a comment….

• Abimbola Dare February 15, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Excellent video dear, very inspiring. kiss,

• newbie February 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I read the comments first, then watched the video. Na wa for you people o. Shey it’s unless someone is speaking with heavy ‘H’ factor all over the place before you will agree she is Nigerian. Abeg there was no fakeness in her accent, neither did she sound like “another nationality” according to Urban. I applaud her for the message – on point. I feel like more people need to hear it. I like her dress. She reminds me of Kate Henshaw.

• lorenz February 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Can anyone here say they’ve not gotten pissed with their partner, and said something they shouldn’t have said? Or not acted hysterical at any point in their relationships? Abegi!! When we love, emotions get the best of us; however we should continually strive to keep the madness at bay. Its far more complicated than what we just heard.

• what February 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM

nothing is complicated…you are an abuser in the making or someone with low esteem….why dont you hit your siblings or best friends…

• Ashani February 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM

No full stop, no comma…nawa o

• i gerrit now February 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM

oh so violence is tolerated only with mother and children then?? okk i gerrit.. tayinks

• Let it be.... February 21, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit….but how would you know?? I would see why your parents would whoop to point of it being classified as violence…you are obviously hard of hearing and grasping common concepts and corrections…..alaigboran omo. I aint your mama but I feel like smacking some sense into you….and like I said pleaseeeeee leave your children to go crazy, your future and theirs is very bright!!!

• D Fairy GodSister February 18, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Short, to the point, I liked it…. Would have stretched it to at least 2.50 minutes but hey, I didn’t produce it. Loved her delivery, and the way she pronounced her words. Don’t see the fake accent you guys are griping about o…

http://bit.ly/WFSTL0 First of three in the series, out every other day from today! Enjoy – sharing is caring!

• Anslem Ozor February 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM

When You know that your life is more precious than an abusive relationship, why then do you continue to endanger ya life huh?

• Lol February 20, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Itz not about ladies,guys too get abused in relationships

• Aiyjay February 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Bleh

• Magz February 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM

nice video. i like d tips. but dint BN write 5 dating tips? ariyike only mentioned four. there’s nothing wrong with her accent