By now, we bet you’ve heard about the Marsala colour. It was recently declared the colour of the year 2015 by Pantone – a US colour company. Gradually, the new trend is beginning to settle in the minds of everyone, and a few have dared to put it to use.
Introducing the new trend, leading interior design expert and CEO of Rosemary’s – The Soft Furnishing Company, Ezinne Kufre-Ekanem speaks from her showroom in the high brow Lekki area of Lagos.
She describes the colour as impactful, rich, elegant, and assures her clients of her company’s readiness to help them put the colour to good use. According to Ezinne;
“It has become our norm at Rosemary’s to follow the outlook and trends in the world of interiors and share our ‘finds’ with clients every year. This year is no exception. Marsala is the new trend and we can’t wait to help our clients explore the colour in cool amazing ways“
Here are few decorating tips proffered by Ezinne;
1. As an accent colour: Take a bold step and apply Marsala to your walls either as paint or wallpaper. Combine it with a complimentary colour for an impactful visual. Note that a colour like this can accept lots of divergent metallic hues in accessories, so feel free to indulge.
2. For lively sofa pillows: Being trendy shouldn’t result in breaking the bank. Throw pillows in Marsala are fun for the couches. Look for one that already incorporates some of your existing colours, or be bold enough to make a statement by creating your own original colour blocking scheme.
3. For window treatments: Marsala comes with a readiness to play. Its subtle romance with bright lights will throw up interesting contrasts and pleasures. Either as wood or fabric blinds, the colour is guaranteed to deliver stunning windows any day!
4. For rugs: Texture and pattern are everything when it comes to rugs, but then, beyond both there’s colour. In most cases, rugs are selected to define a space, but with Marsala you can achieve more. If you choose the appropriate hue of Marsala for your rug, you will please your feet, your eyes and your heart in one seamless rich string which ties your entire space together. Explore!
5. As bed covers: Everyone deserves a good night rest, and using duvets made with Marsala guarantees this. The colour will also serve well for bed skirts, pillow sham trimmings and will work well against whites, creams and biscuit coloured sheets.
6. For lively sofas: As far as fabric colours for curtains and sofas are concerned, the richer the better. To stay ahead, make your sofas the focal point of your sitting areas by covering them in the rich colour.
7. In the kitchen: As a rich colour, Marsala is perhaps the most ideal colour to pep up the kitchen. Without a doubt, this cool colour is an appetite stimulant because of its symbolic closeness to the colour of a rich sumptuous meal.
8. For kid zones: Your kids will be grateful if you choose the Marsala colour for their room. Decorate your children’s rooms to suit their age and creative imagination. It is pretty, practical, bold and brigh. The Marsala hue brings cheerful comfort to the home for just about everyone.
Photo Credit: Jamesbrindley.com | www1.americanblinds.com | Christiansen-design.com | Potterybarn.com | Stillplayinghouse.com | Dexigner.com | Sofaworkshop.com
Advertorial – Sponsored Content