Relationships

“So that all those toothpick leg girls will not snatch my husband” – Mercy Aigbe-Gentry on why she Wears Bum Shorts

BellaNaija.com

Mercy Aigbe

In a teaser for a new interview with Afrobeat Live, actresses Mercy Aigbe-Gentry and Adunni Ade have a chat while on air.

Adunni Ade asked Mercy Aigbe if she wears bum shorts at home and Mercy replied “I wear bum shorts so that all those toothpick leg girls will not snatch my husband. I do oh…I do”

Mercy Aigbe shared the video clip on Instagram with the hashtag, #MarriedWomenAreNotSmiling.

Watch below.

Abeg who can relate? …..?….I have to be sexy 24/7 for Boo na ?? #marriedwomenarenotsmiling #girlssefarenotsmiling ?

A video posted by Mercilicious (@mercyaigbegentry) on

1. Ty

July 13, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Nice one… Omo to damo ….I like you jare Mercy Aigbe

• fleur

July 14, 2016 at 1:16 am

Disappointed that we still believe as women that strutting our parts will keep a man. Honey, be confident in you and look nice., accomplished and independent. That will keep a man. Hosting exposes at home -mini or grand- will not keep a man who has no self respect, i.e., has a wondering eye.

• @ Fleur

July 14, 2016 at 7:40 am

Did being accomplished and independent keep TeeBillz or even Jay Z.
      Abeg, you people are always taking everything too personal. If that is what she wants to do, why can’t she?

2. kilipot

July 13, 2016 at 10:08 pm

So sad, If that’s the reason u wear them.

3. Sisi

July 13, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Nice one but Nne if your husband wants to be snatched, he’ll be snatched..

4. succino

July 13, 2016 at 10:30 pm

..really sad..If dats actually d rxn u wear dem. .

5. Christian Sister

July 13, 2016 at 10:38 pm

LMAOOOOOOO
    Do what you gotta do to keep that man’s attention.
    Yeah I know some feminists will soon rise up and start bashing her, but honestly she’s so right,
    Some of you will look all hot before marriage, then cut your hair and start tying wrapper after they’ve gotten married. Kilode?!
    The man met you all brazillian hair and on fleek, and liked what he saw, like the entire package. Now you’ve changed the package, and you expect him to somehow still be ‘interested’???
    Abeg Mercy carry go!

• Linda

July 13, 2016 at 10:51 pm

What does feminist have to do with this? You think feminists don’t want to be sexy? Biko learn the meaning of the word this is 2016

• Linda

July 13, 2016 at 10:51 pm

*ps Ms Christian Sister, sexy women’s husbands cheat on them EVERYDAY. Someone that will cheat, will cheat

6. Olu

July 13, 2016 at 10:42 pm

Didn’t you still someone’s husband?
    what goes around comes around …bum short wont save you.

• CLEOBRIGGS

July 13, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Uncle Olu, its STEAL sir not STILL…… BUT AGAIN I SAY TO YOU SIR NO BODY CAN BE SNATCHED EXCEPT THROUGH JUJU. SEDUCTION OR NOT THE ADULT MAKES A CONSCIOUS MENTAL DECISION TO ABANDON ONE AND FORGET ALL PROMISES TO FOLLOW ANOTHER.

fnks….

• MOGBE

July 13, 2016 at 11:05 pm

PLS SPILL O….GIVE US GIST!

• lafunkky

July 13, 2016 at 11:26 pm

At least, spell ‘steal’ properly……..Olodo!

7. Joke

July 13, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Thank you Olu. But she didn’t “steal” him. No woman can steal any man. The guy liked her and married her after leaving his wife and kids in Ireland to their fate. Common Yoruba method. Years ago she went about lying that she and her “iyale” were cordial, she gets along with her husbands kids and that she goes to Ireland visit them etc, but as you know that was all lies. Then she said he was divorced when they met. I tell ya, Lagos girls ehn? Experts at grabbing Tokunboh husbands. He just did his version “2.0” life with her as many men who leave wives abroad do. As Stella Monye sings, her case is “Eni ri nkan hey, to fe ku pe lue owo eni to ti sonu nko?”

• Naijatalk

July 14, 2016 at 2:35 am

Sister please translate, tenks.
      When I saw this post, my first thought was ‘beht isn’t she a second wife?’ I remember when SDK had it in for both her and her husband and a lot of tinz were revealed. Why is she now scared of tooth-pick legged girls? Doesn’t she trust her man?

• anonymous

July 14, 2016 at 11:08 am

Exactly,she is wife no 2 and shes talking about girls snatching her hubby. lol . deceive urself dere.

• Simi

July 14, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Translation – Someone who finds something entirely by luck, and becomes overly protective of it (to the extent of being ready to die because of it); what then should the person who initially lost it do (or more like shouldn’t we spare a thought for the person to which it initially belonged).

Meanwhile, you people must answer me if I need translation oh!!!!!

8. Honestina

July 13, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Are you sure she did STEAL someone’s husband?

9. CLEOBRIGGS

July 13, 2016 at 11:06 pm

I DUNNO WHY WOMEN DO THIS. I HOPE SHE WAS JOKING BECAUSE EVEN IF YOU WEAR PANT TO WALK AROUND, YOUR PARTNER CAN STILL CONSCIOUSLY DECIDED TO ABANDON YOU AND FOLLOW ANOTHER. MERCY YOU OF ALL FOLKS SHOULD KNOW THIS NA.

CHEATING IS MORE THAN PHYSICAL LOOKS. I HAVE TO AGREE SO MANY MEN AND WOMEN LET LOOSE AND FORGET ABOUT LOOKS AFTER MARRIAGE BECAUSE OF THE SPIRIT OF COMFORTABILITY (I BIND AND CAST) BUT NOTHING CAN STOP SOMEONE (MAN OR WOMAN) WHO WANTS TO CHEAT FROM CHASING TOOTHPICK OR YAM LEGGED OR THUNDER THIGHED WOMEN OR MEN.

SO VERILY VERILY AGAIN I SAY UNTO THEE A HUMAN SHALL CHEAT IF A HUMAN MAKES A CONSCIOUS DECISION TO. AFTER ALL WE SEE PICTURES OF THE OTHER MAN OR WOMAN WHO DONT LOOK HALF AS GOOD AS THE PARTNER. SO ITS NOT ABOUT FINE FACE, OR MONEY OR LOOKS…..

SOMETIMES ITS CHARACTER… ATTITUDE. THE OTHER PERSON MIGHT JUST BE MORE DARING, ADVENTUROUS, OR HAS HIGHER SELF ESTEEM, OR BOLDER OR THE PARTNER IS JUST A PIG OR MADE A MISTAKE, ALL SHA NA CHEATING….

LET ME LEAVE THE REST FOR PASTOR ABEG….

10. Babygeh

July 13, 2016 at 11:10 pm

People calm down! It’s not that serious! It’s just one of those comments people make that isn’t meant to be that serious. Ahn ahn!

11. that uptown girl

July 14, 2016 at 12:44 am

No man will be snatched who doesn’t want to snatched. It’s only a man that decides whether or not he will cheat not what you do to stop him from cheating. Women should remain sexy for their themselves most especially and their husbands but am just saying it doesn’t guarantee anything. I work out even while pregnant not so that my husband doesn’t cheat but because I want to look at myself in the mirror and be happy I don’t want to loose who I was before the marriage, that what’s important . Matter of fact my husband should worry about me not cheating.

• Call Me Gorgeous...

July 14, 2016 at 9:17 am

I keep in shape to look good for myself…to like what i see in the mirror…not because of any man oh!
      I am very very comfortable in my skin….whether i wear bum shorts or kaftan, i am still very gorgeous as my avatar says…
      🙂

12. jide

July 14, 2016 at 1:01 am

Mercy you don’t sort your legs first cos last I checked, those knocked up knees of yours should be in trousers or long skirt.

13. Iris

July 14, 2016 at 1:27 am

But…if I cannot wear ‘bum shorts’ at home where can I wear them?
    There’s no correct answer. It is an issue of personal preference.

14. nikkylahoit

July 14, 2016 at 8:33 am

That uptown girl, I love ur write up nd to be honest with you, what blew my mind d most was the last phrase ‘ Matter of fact is my husband should worry about me not cheating’ CONFIDENCE has a long way to go…….

15. Didi

July 14, 2016 at 9:16 am

Lol, please calm down. She was just trying to add some humour.

• Babycakes

July 14, 2016 at 9:31 am

But mercy’s husband dey carry girls well na…Have you seen any hotel owner that doesn’t follow girls?

• zee

July 14, 2016 at 11:59 am

Who said she wasn’t dead serious abt it?? She knows wat she’s talking about n was serious about it so dnt tel us ab humour. She married sum1’s husband n karma is all she is waiting for

16. Cub

July 14, 2016 at 10:58 am

If you like wear only pant. A man that will cheat will cheat. Cheating is a decision. #MyTwoCents

17. Tobby

July 14, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Odiegwu!!!
    No be by wearing bum short ati mini skirt….afterall Ben affleck’s ex is sexy etc yet who did he have an affair with? Their nanny…..
    Just be thankful that your is just respecting the term marriage and he’s contented with you
    But one never knows what happens once the curtain is closed
    No girl sef get toothpick leg again just pray they don’t remember you because this runs girls their levels don even high pass you Wey be madam of the house

18. nene

July 14, 2016 at 7:24 pm

whether you wear bum shorts or a bra, a man who wants to cheat will cheat. i dont think that’s the right statement to make. some people will say have a big butt, lose weight, tone ur skin, but it has never kept any man from not cheating. if a man loves you, he loves you and should respect you!

19. jooney

October 30, 2016 at 10:13 am

Too bad! if ur man loves you, he does. you do not need to wear bum to prevent other girls from snatching him. if your saying this it means you do not trust him. so stop feeling insecure and try to be happy.