“Wanderlust”: Obsidian Spring/Summer 2013 Collection – The Lookbook

Fresh from participating at the 2013 Pitti Immagine Trade Fair in Florence Italy, Contemporary womenswear and accessories brand, Obsidian presents its Spring/Summer 13 collection lookbook – “Wanderlust”.

First showcased at the 2012 MTN Lagos Fashion & Design Week in October, “Wanderlust” explores the passion for exploration,  and intrigue of the Obsidian woman through a modern blend of textures and interesting  details.

In imagining the joys of discovery, Creative Director, Isoken Ogiemwonyi embraces different textures, shapes and colors. We are presented with fluid  asymmetrical hemlines, Grecian inspired floor-length dresses and  structured peplum dresses. The collection transitions from metallics to dark and soft hues  in lace, velvet and silk  textures which are infused with intricate bead work, and “skeletor” detail which adds a playful and edgy feel to some of the designs.

Check on it!

“Wanderlust” is currently stocked at L’Espace

www.obsidianfashion.com/
Facebook/Obsidian
Twitter/@TheObsidianWay

Credits:
Photography:Zemaye, Exwhyzee Photography
Model: Nneka Edozien
Makeup- Lois Isen

33 Comments on “Wanderlust”: Obsidian Spring/Summer 2013 Collection – The Lookbook
  • missarewa January 17, 2013 at 4:04 pm

lovely pieces. the burnt orange peplum dress doesn’t look well tailored…or maybe it’s just me. Would still purchase though :D

• Yinkus Pinkus January 17, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Lovely pieces

• Ms. Jayee January 17, 2013 at 4:54 pm

And this is who won the LFDW Competition? rught!

• Florence January 18, 2013 at 6:55 pm

She won the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, I believe. And it was for her work at Le Petite Marche and L’espace, not her fashion label.

• iheartyou January 17, 2013 at 6:19 pm

What’s up with the two arms grabbing the boobs in some of the designs? #awkward

• goldfinch January 17, 2013 at 6:55 pm

really awkward, I was just wondering the same too.

• i no send January 17, 2013 at 6:29 pm

nice concept ..but i must agree that the finishing is not right and finishing is everything in fashion….the orange and yellow dress esp……kudos anyway

• Sbaby January 17, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Shes very imaginative but the only prolem is her finishing and seams are very poor and not neat been saying this since 2008 and she is yet to correct it, wana sambo had the same iisue but her new collections are finished better

• nonsense January 17, 2013 at 7:24 pm

you peoplehave come again. obsidian? wana sambo? REALLY? did we just make that comparison? ctfd abeg

looks more like an ironing/steaming problem than a tailoring issue. #my2cents

• Sbaby January 17, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Dont be mad boo no one is comparing it has just been mentioned they both had same flaws, but i dont get what your pointis, even though I compared them, are you saying Obsidian is better? You need to be checked as for me they are both promising designers on the same wave kength as of now, none has surpasse the other Yet my2cents

• nelo January 17, 2013 at 10:11 pm

and these items will be so fucking overpriced.

• Peperempe January 17, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Nigerian designers can throw words around shaaa! The clothes are alright but where is the “wanderlust” here? It’s not like the clothes are made for traveling or like they show influences from various parts of the globe. Yesterday it was renaissance art, today it’s wanderlust…no connection to the clothes at all!

• Sonia January 17, 2013 at 11:33 pm

hmm… it’s ok. needs to be neat tho’

• Tony January 17, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Pitti Uomo is not pitti Uomo any more.Back in the days,they would have asked her to courier a few pieces from her collection to the organisers before she would be accepted and I can guarantee you there is no way pitti would have accepted this.And she represented Nigeria?Sad day for Nigerian fashion

• bey January 18, 2013 at 1:34 am

Blehhhhhh

• truthhurts January 18, 2013 at 1:57 am

Abeg! not every wanna be tailor is a designer. These clothes are not well made, and there is no creativity in the designs.

• Otito January 18, 2013 at 6:42 am

I totally agree with you, Peperempe. I cant see anything ‘Wanderlust’ inspired in this collection. I would expect to see a touch of different culture from across the world or even within Nigeria in the fabrics, accessories and especially in designs. She needs to check her dictionary and re-name the collection.

• Berry Choco-Latte January 18, 2013 at 9:02 am

I like some of it – 2, 4 (skirt), 6, 7 (top), 9, 10 and 11. 2 would be my favorite.

• Daeze January 18, 2013 at 11:09 am

This is actually a really nice collection if executed properly, but the finishing is not good at all, particularly for the orange dress, with the bad sewing and cheap material it does not do the design justice. I honestly do not get why nigerian designers for the most part cannot produce samples that at least matches their western counterparts. Finishing is everything when it comes to making clothing…okay rant over.

briefliaisons.blogspot.com/

• vanessa January 18, 2013 at 12:17 pm

nice pieces,all wearable for me.I thought size 0 models were banned from both runways and even ads etc.this model doesnt look like she weighs up to 50.

• LaizaLounge.com January 18, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I love every single thing about this collection. I’ll wear all of them. Great job Obsidian!!!

• LaizaLounge.com January 18, 2013 at 2:19 pm

• Olufunmi January 18, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I love love n tha model is cute :D
    YCFOnline.com

• S January 18, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Its strande: can’t get my eyes of the face of the model. I think she (at least, her face) is too much captivating. Doesn’t provide the space to actually appreciate the pieces she wears…As long as I m concerned.

• amystuna January 19, 2013 at 3:13 pm

the aesthetic is not pleasing to the eye
    cheap looking fabrics
    very poor tailoring

there goes my verdict *bangs gavel* :-l

• lisa January 19, 2013 at 3:45 pm

exactly

• Lisa January 20, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Toor. I suppose the largest room is that of improvements. U can never go wrong with designs! Just the finishing makes all the difference. Yes the model is a cutie!

• onnari January 20, 2013 at 6:03 pm

speechless…..
    thatssewnaija.blogspot.com

• …..just saying January 21, 2013 at 7:51 am

She needs to get tips from CLAN and virgo’s lounge (Who stock at le space btw). Their finishing is to die for

• Monica January 21, 2013 at 11:16 am

the collection is nice. more grease to her elbows. everything in life is a learning experience. i’m sure her finishing will continue to improve.

on another note, does the average middle class Lagos lady but clothes within nigeria frequently or do people tend to wait until they travel to other countries like UK, US and Dubai?

I dont live in nigeria (will be relocating soon though..) and I’m just wondering what peoples shopping habits are like

• alice January 21, 2013 at 3:49 pm