Scoop

Veteran Nollywood Actress Hilda Dokubo Looks Pretty in Natural Makeup!

Hilda Dokubo Makeup - BellaNaija - October 2015002

Veteran actress Hilda Dokubo looks so pretty in these photos.

Although we haven’t seen her on our screens in a while, we noticed she has been flying across the world to locations like the Durban Film Festival, with other Nollywood greats like Ramsey Nouah, Kunle Afolayan and more.

With makeup by Dave Sucre, we see the actress looking pretty in natural makeup. According to the makeup artist via Instagram: “Aunty Hilda Dokubo likes to look as natural as possible….. What trips me most about this No ll Wood Veteran is her humility, beauty , selflessness and hair. YES her hair is to die for.

So lovely!

Hilda Dokubo Makeup - BellaNaija - October 2015

Photo Credit: @DaveSucre (Instagram)

1. Flow

October 5, 2015 at 2:39 pm

mama ni yen!

• Wale

October 6, 2015 at 11:36 am

Not sure she looks pretty o! Her forehead looks strange compared to the rest of her face. The distant to her eye brows is too close. But generally people just see the complexion not the actual features. Like they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If she had been dark complexioned I would have come to the same conclusion.

2. Missappleberry

October 5, 2015 at 2:41 pm

This woman has always been a very pretty woman right from time.

3. Grace

October 5, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Beautiful lay.

4. tilda

October 5, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Yes oh hilda is one of the few pretty ladies in naija. You either have it or you don’t. Thank God for temporary plastic surgury aka “conturing tinzs” sha o !, but at the end of the day the mask comes off and the truth looks back at you and scares the hell out of the decieved.

• OmoMehn

October 5, 2015 at 4:36 pm

FEW?

5. Omonaija

October 5, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Awww.. pretty as always, very good actress. I hope she returns to acting. …”natural makeup”? Kinda confused. Make up is may up whether u beat your face with it or not. Or where all the products she used all natural ingredients?

6. ATL's finest

October 5, 2015 at 3:25 pm

She has always been pretty from day one!!! I miss her acting & funny enough I thought of her few days ago in a movie 🙂 Rock on

7. Tina

October 5, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Please what is natural makeup?

8. maryjane

October 5, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Aww pretty woman. My sis and I actually saw an old film yesterday staring Hilda and Saint obi. She was very young and pretty. And yes, her hair is a killer. Long and curly hair.

9. Mary

October 5, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Aww miss her lots in the niga movies cute pics though

10. Mystique

October 5, 2015 at 4:21 pm

she looks really sad to me……..

• ifunaya

October 5, 2015 at 4:32 pm

lool, d woman can like to act sad movies, think its rubbing off on her

11. aikay

October 5, 2015 at 4:47 pm

I’m all for being a naturalista but I frankly don’t like the hair do, it looks like my grand mothers corn row cos the hair is going grey. It would have been dyed before being braided. I av seen this woman life rocking a black hair and she looks divine. Trust me when I say she looks better in real life.

• Seriously

October 5, 2015 at 7:00 pm

@aikay

Do people understand that not everybody is caught up in having extravagant hairstyle all the time or styling their hair in “stylish hairstyles”. People are so used to hair on fleek, makeup on fleek that they don’t know how to handle simple, basic things. This society, generation is getting worse by day. I only wear powder and mascara. Why wear makeup then if you just going to keep it that simple? Well, Bcos that’s all I need to enhance

I have cornrows now, and I have people tell me. A pretty hair like yours shouldn’t be in corn rows or you look older, younger. Like a guy. #STFU. Oh, i should try a different style. Hmmmm, who told you I’m concerned about how I style my hair. I’m intentionally wearing all back cornrows bcos that’s what I feel like.
      The woman in the pic has chosen this style. RESPECT. Let all the haironfleek take off their wig/weave one cornrow on that woman’s head is their whole hair. That’s if there’s even anything underneath.

12. nene

October 5, 2015 at 5:10 pm

beautiful woman. always admired her beauty, character and her beautiful hair.

13. Cheeway

October 5, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Hilda Dokubo- Madam Cry. Nkiru Slyvanus mentor those days in the crying dept

• Idomagirl

October 6, 2015 at 1:45 am

As in!!! She sabi cry!!!!

14. sisi alero

October 5, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Beautiful Hilda…..you are timeless. Davesucre,well done ehnn, next time please put a cape on her before sprinkling your glamdust or at least brush them off her clothes before the photo session….don’t face beat and blouse beat too,Mr Glamdust!

15. Ola

October 5, 2015 at 11:25 pm

When Viola Davis removed her fake wig, and embrace are natural beauty, I come see how beautiful this woman was. Our women in Africa look across Atlantic to seek and defined their beauty,in the name of Educated and westnerzation, while African women are the most beautiful women on earth, we are so blessed as people, but self hating, self denies, that put upon us by our experience with foreign domination, let us to accept the definition of beauty from far away foriegning land. While we let our authentic self to be a laughing stocks of other, because our women do everything to be someone else. We can look up to other to define our own beauty, but look up to our self. Now here we the fake India, Brazilian hair were dominated by Korean here in US, is multi billions dollars empires, they laugh at you, because they know we are only people on the face of planet, that refused to embraced our natural beauty, take your fake wig, anywhere you are at this moment of my writing, and look at mirrors, embrace, love your authentic self. Embrace Suku, Gbaro, Ipako Elede, Onile Gogoro, Afro, Dreadlocks, you may change, your appearance, but you can’t change what is part of your natural self, because that is who you are. As well traveled Nigerian, that have leave in different continent, and been to so many amazing places, and so see many faces, but Africa, and it’s people are the most beautiful of all creation, because Africa is the land of beginning, and is the most diverse continent on earth. Let see beauty in us not in other.

• Ogo

October 6, 2015 at 4:47 am

All this your speech aside! Ain’t nothing wrong with a nice wig! I am sure you are man, so you have no idea what is like struggling to get that Afro to corporate with you every morning! Even white people wear wigs! Leave people alone with their life choices! Google search your “god” viola Davis and you see her rocking a wig on the red carpet

16. letty

October 6, 2015 at 2:50 am

Beautiful woman with her even more beautiful mane of hair…i think she had marital problems and disappeared from the limelight

17. aishat

October 6, 2015 at 10:10 am

@ola…yippeeeeee am rocking my dreadlocks…. and i get attention from male and female…at the bus stop, church, work…my hubby kisses it everyday. i just realized i was gorgeous with my locks and no weaves

18. mbàgwupeters

October 6, 2015 at 12:07 pm

my dear friends please I need help from you all

• Precious

October 7, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Help with what?

19. okoro i chinasa

October 6, 2015 at 12:23 pm

Beutiful woman,i love you so much

20. Ola

October 6, 2015 at 10:38 pm

Ogo I don’t know where you reside, your writing said a lot about who you are, and it shows your level of world views and question about pride and identity. Nothing in my writing that is not related to black experience, and about Viola Davis the recent award, and red carpet she have are Afro on with pride, and I watch everything life. White were wig because the wig is made for them for you and African people.