Our fellow BellaNaijarians… Wow! Can you believe 2016 has come to an end?
This year has been one of the most difficult for a lot of Nigerians #FactsOnly. We’ve had to deal with the economic recession, inflated prices, job losses, personal losses and lots more. However, there have been some high points and through it all, we remember to count our blessings. It is always important to us, here at BellaNaija, to focus on and highlight the positivity.
As the year comes to an end, we are taking this moment to share our best experiences with BellaNaijarians. Without you, none of these would have been achieved.
Achievements and Awards
- BellaNaija’s Uche Pedro winning the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards for “Best Blogger – Africa”
- BellaNaija winning the Beatz 2.0 Award for “Best Blog”
- BellaNaija winning LaMode Awards’ Outstanding recognition award for our contribution to the fashion and entertainment industry
- BellaNaija was selected to be part of the Stanford Seed Transformation Program
- BellaNaija reached the 10-year Milestone in July
- BellaNaija nominated in the 2016 Nigeria Fashion and Style Awards
- BellaNaija nominated for “Most Popular Blog Site” in 2016 African Entertainment Legend Awards
- @bellanaijaonline on Instagram and @bellanaija on Twitter got verified
- @bellanaijaonline on Instagram is 344k followers strong
- @bellanaija on Twitter is 952k followers strong
- BellaNaija on Facebook is 418k likes strong
- @bellanaijaweddings became one of the first Nigerian Instagram pages to hit 1million followers and now is almost at 2million … will we make it before midnight? 🙂
- @bellanaijabeauty went from 19k followers in March to 32.6k followers in December
- @bellanaijaliving was launched in July
- @bellanaijastyle hit 200k
- @BellaNaijaWed was verified on Twitter too!
- Emilinks #MyDoorStory Competition worth N3,000,000 executed successfully. 10 people won N10,000 everyday for 30 days.
- #BellaIsMyBae Luxury Valentine’s Giveaway for singles executed successfully by BellaNaija & AsoEbiBella.
Speaking & Masterclasses
- BellaNaija’s Eki Ogunbor moderated the Bijou Abiola Masterclass at GTBank Fashion Weekend
- BellaNaija’s Eki Ogunbor speaking at Oaken Event’s Atinuda Appreciation Gala
- BellaNaija’s Adesola Ade-Unuigbe spoke at the Unilever “Digital Disruption” seminar
- BellaNaija’s Lydia Otubanjo mentored the Junior Achievement Nigeria LEAD Camp for Girls
- BellaNaija’s Ink Eze spoke on a panel at the Junior Achievement Nigeria LEAD Camp for Girls
- BellaNaija’s Ink Eze was part of the 2nd Munaluchi Coterie Retreat for BellaNaija Weddings
- BellaNaija’s Ink Eze spoke on Forbes/Aim Higher Africa panel at Social Media Week
- BellaNaija’s Ink Eze moderated a Fashion Business Series at Heineken Lagos Fashion & Design Week
- BellaNaija’s Eki Ogunbor took a tour of Cotonou thanks to Google
- BellaNaija’s Eki Ogunbor attended a South Africa Tourism Trip to Durban
- BellaNaija’s Adesola Ade-
Unuigbe was in Milan for KLM x Dare2Dream
- BellaNaija’s Ink Eze attended the LFF 60th Anniversary in London
- BellaNaija’s Ink Eze experienced France with Moet-Hennessy
- BellaNaija’s Ik Nwosu attended the #EmiratesNaijaFamTrip in Dubai
- BellaNaija’s Ik Nwosu attended #GPhotosNG trip to Ikogosi & Erin Ijesha
- BellaNaija’s Michelle Adepoju attended the MTV EMAs in Netherlands
- Idia Aisien represented BellaNaija at the 2016 MAMAs in South Africa
- Toyosi Phillips represented BellaNaija at the 2016 Essence Festival in South Africa
- Tuke Morgan represented BellaNaija at the 2016 #JoziWithGoogle Trip in South Africa
- Zina Anumudu represented BellaNaija at the launch party of Carbon Nightclub in Ghana
- Makida Moka represented BellaNaija at the One Africa Music Fest events in New York and Houston
- Jennifer Obiuwevbi represented BellaNaija at the Shopping Festival in Dubai
- Lydia Otubanjo represented BellaNaija at the KLM King’s Day trip to Amsterdam
Makida Moka said;
It was a very eventful weekend for me and I had such a great time in New York being on BellaNaija duty. Thank you BN for the wonderful opportunity. I can’t wait to represent you again in the future ;).
Idia Aisien said;
I am grateful for my experience, it was my first trip to South Africa! If you’re fortunate to come on a trip with these people, please remember these three things: Have fun, be on time for everything, and get along with everyone; and when Kelechi Amadi-Obi points his camera your way, you better be ready to pose! Thank you so much, BellaNaija for the wonderful opportunity, I love you guys!!
I think I can talk to animals… Psyche! I was so scared the whole time…when we led the elephants we were practically holding its trunk and feeling the air and moisture from its breathing. Imagine someone holding you by your nostrils…????? #idiaxbninsa #bntravel #elephantsanctuary #travel2sa #flysaanigeria #nigeriameetsouthafrica #elephants #SA #southafrica #travel #tourism
- BellaNaija’s Ink Eze interviewed Nate Parker for ‘Birth of a Nation’ promo
- BellaNaija’s Adesola Ade-Unuigbe interviewed Jidenna during his visit to Nigeria
- BellaNaija’s Adesola Ade-Unuigbe interviewed Bonang Matheba during her visit to Nigeria
- BellaNaija’s Adesola Ade-Unuigbe was part of an interview panel for Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo
- BellaNaija’s Jadesola Odujole interviewed Taraji P. Henson and Terrence Howard during their visit to South Africa
- BellaNaija’s Ink Eze named as a “Top 10 Achiever Under 35” in Genevieve Magazine
- BellaNaija team participated in a number of personal development activities
- BellaNaija listed on Cosmopolitan Magazine ‘Top 8 Nigerian Fashion Power Brokers of 2016’
BellaNaija Notable Mentions
- The BellaNaija Team moved to a new office in March 2016
- BellaNaija successfully executed the 2nd edition of BBNWonderland
- BellaNaija successfully executed the #BNDoGood for 2016
- BellaNaija’s Uche Pedro supported the Always #MyFutureStartsToday Campaign
- BellaNaija’s Uche Pedro featured in Mania Magazine’s “An Ode to Bloggers” September Edition
- BellaNaija’s Atoke’s “Friday Night Banter”
- Adekunle Gold mentioning BellaNaija in his hit song, “Ready”
- BellaNaija also got mentioned in Bovi’s “It’s Her Day” movie
- BellaNaija mentioned in Seyi Babatola’s movie “When Love Happens Again”
Each of BellaNaija’s team member spoke about how 2016 has been for them and we love the positivity!
Uche Pedro, Founder/CEO BellaNaija
Counting down to 2017 like ?.
2016 has been blessed and I’m filled with gratitude. Thanks @bodepedro ?
The #BellaNaija team absolutely slayed in the best way. Thank you o.
Praying for our beloved #BellaNaijarians
Love you too much. Looking forward to making a positive impact on your lives. Thanks for dragging us when we needed it and giving us a loving pat on the back when we did well (which was most of the time ?)
Wishing anyone reading this all the very best in 2017.
#BellaNaija #BellaNaija2016 #BellaNaija2017
Nkechi ‘Ink’ Eze, BellaNaija Weddings Editor says
“I’m so proud of how far the BellaNaija lifestyle team has come in the past year! We reached major milestones in terms of the numbers we’ve reached – we’ve expanded our online family – and the talents that have bloomed out of the team – Eki Ogunbor, Richard Akuson and more. I’m proud to have led the vision of the team, and can’t wait for what 2017 has to offer!”
Adesola Ade-Unuigbe, BellaNaija Showbiz/Events Editor says
“I’m really really looking forward to 2017. This year was a tough year but still, through it, BellaNaija and the BellaNaija team had several high points – both career wise and in our personal lives. 2017 can only be bigger for us. It is time to break more boundaries”.
Eki Ogunbor, BellaNaija Lifestyle Editor says,
I can’t thank God enough for the blessings in 2016, I’m looking forward to more favour in 2017 for the BN Team and our fellow BellaNaijarians too! Thanks for a creative year with #BNFroFriday, BN Style Your Bump, BN Body Shape Series … It’s been awesome, there will be more in 2017!
Our Contributors gave life to BN Features and in every way added to the spice. With every dynamic view and opinion shared on BellaNaija, our community thrived and prospered. 2016 was a tough years, but we forged through… learning together and building one another. For 2017, I’ll say this: Live Your Dreams. Chase the Stars. Leave a Legacy.
IK Nwosu, BN News Guy says,
2016 was indeed a wonderful year for BellaNaija, many thanks to you BellaNaijarians. Expect more amazing stuff in 2017!
Ehinomen Rose Umane, Business Development Lead says,
2016 has been a great year for BellaNaija. We had amazing projects over the year from BBN Wonderland, BNdogood to marking our 10th anniversary. We also won major awards which is inspiring for us in terms of getting better at what we do. Expanding our online Base and getting to know what makes BNers tick was also an achievement for us. Personally, I had fun and learnt a lot with BN and I hope to explore more in this coming year. Happy New Year BNers
BellaNaijarians, thanks for being a part of the BellaNaija community in 2016.
If we haven’t mentioned it enough this year… We love and appreciate you all! As you’ve been with us through 2016, our plans for 2017 won’t be complete without you, so let’s move forward together, “taking The Best of Africa to the World!“